Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I have to second DH on no Greta. Funny he likes Gretchen, but not Greta. They are so similar to me. Here are suggestions from me:

Evain (pronounced like Elaine)
    Iris
    Ingrid or Inga
    Cassia (cash-uh)

Give hubby another chance...

If you like Greta, then Gretchen isn't too far off. It does end in an "n" but like you said, doesn't have to meet all criteria. It sounds so similar to Greta, I'm not sure why you wouldn't like Gretchen, but for some reason the name Greta calls up visions of grandmas in my head, while Gretchen sounds like the name of a beautiful young girl. Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by krayziejen View Post
    If you like Greta, then Gretchen isn't too far off. It does end in an "n" but like you said, doesn't have to meet all criteria. It sounds so similar to Greta, I'm not sure why you wouldn't like Gretchen, but for some reason the name Greta calls up visions of grandmas in my head, while Gretchen sounds like the name of a beautiful young girl. Just my opinion
    We had a dog named Gretchen when I was a child and I don't like the "retch" in the middle of the name (even though it may be appropriate as this child made me vomit constantly for several months). I also don't like how it flows with our last name - which also ends in en. I think he should come over to my side

Mira is currently our pick. Love the peace meaning and the stellar connection (go stargazing for Mira (omicron ceti) wth Mira, an awesome galaxy themed nursery, "twinkle twinkle little star" and people generally like it.)

Also like Vera quite a bit, Maeve is growing on me, too.

STRONGLY dislike Malena because too close to melena.

You could also try Justine, Mayim, Nova, Vida, Cherie, Jada, Mika, Mariel, or Genevieve (several 2 syllable nn options)