Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Caroline outranks Grace in my State for 2012

I was quite surprised by this! According to SSA, There were 92 Caroline's born, and Only 58 Grace's. I feel like I hear Grace so much more around here
    (Maybe it was more popular a few years back..), that it is honestly a bit shocking to me! Anyway, just wanted to share!
    ~ "How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers."~ Mother Teresa

It's interesting how the stats change as you get more local, isn't it? I've always wished we could break name popularity down even further into counties, or maybe even cities. I think we'd see some real surprises then.
    ----
    Mom to N
    Malcolm, Tristan, Aaron, Garrett, Vincent
    Iris, Bridget, Bonnie, Averill, Petra

Wow! Those are my 2 favorite girls' names . Here there are more Grace's than Caroline's, though you never hear either one as a first name. We're in the midwest. What general area of the country are you in?

I am in the Deep South... I think I should also take into account there are quite a few "Gracie's" in my area, their actual name is Gracie..... not Grace.
    ~ "How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers."~ Mother Teresa

I know what you mean! I work at a theme park, and I hear Grace, Madison, Olivia, and Gavin much more than I hear Isabella, Jayden, and Jacob. And I've only met two Liams in two years, which a lot of people here want to go away now. It's really kind of fascinating and it makes me remember that the over-arching SSA list does not speak to every single region.