Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help w/ strong fn. sib to Hayes.

My first sons name is Hayes Andrew. I due in 4 weeks with my second boy and having the hardest time with a name. I like short, strong names. Not popular or trendy. The closer it is to not being on the TOP 1000, the better.

I love names: Wylie, Wilder, Roman, River, Everett, Lincoln, Brooks, and Cole.

My favorites are Wylie, River, and Lincoln. I've scoured over Nameberry looking for ideas that aren't too crazy but unusual enough for my tastes. I do not like traditional first names. The middle name will be James or Daniel.

Any new suggestions are welcome and thoughts on the names I already love. Wylie James keeps coming back to me so insight on that??

Wylie sounds too much like 'a willie' and the coyote for me. Lincoln is nice... I like Brooks and Everett, also...
    Others:
    Malcolm
    Cormac
    Anders/ Anderson
    Heath
    Jasper
    Roland
    Truman
    Oren
    Ogden
    Orion
    Langston
    Booker
    Wendall
    Whitman
    Walden
    Byron
    Eamon
    Innis
    Pearse
    Gannon
    Corbin
    Lachlan
    Morris
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

Brooks Daniel and Wilder James are what stand out to me. My favorite is Brooks.

Hayes and Brooks make a nice sibset
    mamacravings.com
    Everything a mama could want

Blessed mama to 3 year-old Elijah Myles & to 6 precious angels babies.

crushes:
    Amelia Wren, Charlotte Adair, Josepine Elise, Genevieve Ruth, Susanna Caroline, Cordelia Mae

Josiah Davis, Charles Asher, Jeremiah August, Lawrence Henry

I like Wilder, especially with the MN James; and Wylie is great. Since you picked Hayes for your other little cutie, I guess you aren't opposed to surnames as firsts, so:

Gaines
    Ames
    Ian
    Wythe
    Malcolm
    Colby

I added the last two since you like Lincoln. I really names containing the 'col', so maybe you do too : )
    Raphael Benedict-Charles Ransom-Jude Matthias-Damian Pascal-Eli John Ishmael

Lucia Marguerite-Genevieve Aster-Maura Francesca

Saskia-Elisabeta-Maeve-Afton-Ophelia-Calhoun-Ishmael-Nicolai-Mackie-Scully

Davis

It is ranked 416 but was only given to 678 boys in 2012 -compared with 339 Hayes- so that may not be too popular for you. I also like the symmetry but how they're not too matchy because of the different syllables and sounds.

Wylie just seems too nicknamey/ not substantial enough next to Hayes for me.

I also like Brooks, though it has more of a cowboy feel. Not that it's a negative, just a different direction. It was given to 841 boys last year, per Nancy's Baby Names, so a little more popular than Davis.
    Last edited by tct1219; August 2nd, 2013 at 01:27 AM.
    Mom to 2 girls ♥ Bayard McConnell "Bay" & Marguerite Davis "Maple"