Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help w/ strong fn. sib to Hayes.

My first sons name is Hayes Andrew. I due in 4 weeks with my second boy and having the hardest time with a name. I like short, strong names. Not popular or trendy. The closer it is to not being on the TOP 1000, the better.

I love names: Wylie, Wilder, Roman, River, Everett, Lincoln, Brooks, and Cole.

My favorites are Wylie, River, and Lincoln. I've scoured over Nameberry looking for ideas that aren't too crazy but unusual enough for my tastes. I do not like traditional first names. The middle name will be James or Daniel.

Any new suggestions are welcome and thoughts on the names I already love. Wylie James keeps coming back to me so insight on that??

Wylie sounds too much like 'a willie' and the coyote for me. Lincoln is nice... I like Brooks and Everett, also...
    Others:
    Malcolm
    Cormac
    Anders/ Anderson
    Heath
    Jasper
    Roland
    Truman
    Oren
    Ogden
    Orion
    Langston
    Booker
    Wendall
    Whitman
    Walden
    Byron
    Eamon
    Innis
    Pearse
    Gannon
    Corbin
    Lachlan
    Morris
    Emiliana Pari 郑煜曈 '14

XX: Artemisia Baran, Ilaria Katayoun, Acadia Laleh, Rosalind Soraya, Camellia Sitareh, Aida Tahmineh

XY: Raphael Artin, Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Aryo Matthias, Lorenzo Kaveh

Brooks Daniel and Wilder James are what stand out to me. My favorite is Brooks.

Hayes and Brooks make a nice sibset
    mamacravings.com
    Everything a mama could want

Blessed mama to 3 year-old Elijah Myles & to 6 precious angels babies.

crushes:
    Amelia Wren, Charlotte Adair, Josepine Elise, Genevieve Ruth, Susanna Caroline, Cordelia Mae

Josiah Davis, Charles Asher, Jeremiah August, Lawrence Henry

I like Wilder, especially with the MN James; and Wylie is great. Since you picked Hayes for your other little cutie, I guess you aren't opposed to surnames as firsts, so:

Gaines
    Ames
    Ian
    Wythe
    Malcolm
    Colby

I added the last two since you like Lincoln. I really names containing the 'col', so maybe you do too : )
    Jules Balthasar-Fox Gabriel Malachi-Arthur Isidore-Percy Raphael Johannes

Marguerite Aliénor-Geneviève Paloma Elisabet Ombeline-Antonia Fatime

Noemi-Domitille-Rowena-Célimène-Luna-Antares-Casimir-Bram-Marcel

Davis

It is ranked 416 but was only given to 678 boys in 2012 -compared with 339 Hayes- so that may not be too popular for you. I also like the symmetry but how they're not too matchy because of the different syllables and sounds.

Wylie just seems too nicknamey/ not substantial enough next to Hayes for me.

I also like Brooks, though it has more of a cowboy feel. Not that it's a negative, just a different direction. It was given to 841 boys last year, per Nancy's Baby Names, so a little more popular than Davis.
    Last edited by tct1219; August 2nd, 2013 at 01:27 AM.
    Mom to 2 girls ♥ Bayard McConnell "Bay" & Marguerite Davis "Maple"