Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

By Air or by... the car rental place? Thoughts on Avis?

Just cruising around on nameberry, when I found the name Avis. I think it's pretty. So I click on it and find:
    Avis is a bird name that's been in hibernation for awhile, possibly due to the car rental association, but it could make a return on the wings of Ava.

What are your thoughts on the name? Pretty and Unique? Car Rental Place? "Not your style"? Would you be confused if little Avis was introduced to you at the playground?

I haven't yet fallen completely in love with it, but I feel like I possibly could... Could you?

Overall: Yay or Nay?
    Gail, 16

Rosemary "Rose" Renee, Daphne Wells
    Louis (Lew-is) Alexander

I kind of love it.

But...the car rental place has, indeed, ruined it for me. :/ Then again, once it was on a person that I knew, I'd probably get over that pretty quickly.

Pity, but I associate it with car rentals. I'd try to overcome the association if I knew a child with the name, but every time I passed through an airport, I'd be reminded. Nay.

Might I suggest Avice? It's a legitimate spelling variation of Avis that leaves behind the car rental association.

I like it... I think it's a pretty and unique name.
    I'd use it as a nn and try to find a longer full name to match it incase the car rental association proves too much for others to handle.