Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    I love Penelope, but hate how popular it's getting. Especially since it's now a Kardashian (sigh) name.

I like Hunter, mostly because it's my mom's maiden name.

The only super-popular name that I'm tempted to use anyway is Evan. It's been my favorite boys' name for a long time and I didn't use it with my first two because of the popularity. Now I feel like this is my last chance to use a name I love.

I think regardless of popularity, I would still use a name if I really loved it and it was "the one". Especially for boys names, because I am so picky with them.

In the top 50...

Isabella - probably wouldn't use this one, but I do think it is lovely. I like Isobel as well, and it is a family name, so that is an alternative.
    Elizabeth - if SO liked it, which he doesn't, I would definitely still use because of all the nn possibilities.
    Avery - I might still use this. I love it so.
    Charlotte - another SO dislikes, so out anyway.
    Victoria
    Claire

Katherine is not top 50, but close, and with the spelling variations I count it in the top 50. But I think I would still use this one.

For boys - these I wouldn't use though I like them:
    Jacob
    Ethan

These I would still consider using/will definitely use:
    Henry
    Luke
    Jonathan
    Lucas
    Logan
    David
    Elijah
    William
    Ladies
    Avery Catherine Lucille ~ Caroline Ruby Elizabeth ~ Clarity Jessamine Leigh ~ Josephine Louisa Danielle ~ Rosemary Margaret Luna ~ Tessa Hermione Jayne

&
    Gentlemen
    Desmond William Beau ~ Elijah Laurence Rhys ~ Harrison Joseph Rene ~ Logan Christopher Knightley ~ Theodore David Henry ~ Whitney Benjamin John

Wishing to be pregnant... but having to be responsible and wait for now :P

Names that I love but are super popular (or seem to be getting popular)

Declan
    Liam
    Molly
    Charlotte
    Sophie
    Ella

Names that are popular, but would still use them
    Violet
    Molly
    Isla
    Owen
    Eli

I'm well past baby naming...my son is 15. I think that, after thinking about all the kids I've run across in the last 15 years, I think that I'd avoid top 10 names unless they were an important family name or a name that I loved above all others. But beyond that, I think it's just a game of chance.

Looking at the top 10 of the year my son was born, it's apparent that the chances of actually running into kids with these names is unpredictable at best. My son knows more Jacobs and Nicholases (#2 and 6, the year he was born) than you'd care to count, two Andrews (#9), one Joshua (#4) has a passing acquaintance with one Michael (#1) and knows no one with the other names from the top 10. Every other kid I can think of has a name spread between number 16 and number 746 of that year, with only one repeat that I can think of. He knows one Jack his age, but I can think of about a half dozen Jacksons 3 younger than him. Weirdly, we know 2 Rylans (#662 that year). Statistically, it's probably very unlikely that he should know no Christophers or Davids his age, but two Rylans, but there you are.
    Obsessing over names since 1964

Lily. Oh I love Lily, I've always had a soft spot for it but it's now super popular. I wouldn't use it.

Others:
    Oliver or Olivia (Olivia honors my mom, as does Oliver. I most likely would only consider these as middles)
    Charlotte
    Theodore
    Maxwell/Max/any other "Max" form
    Isla
    Violet
    Piper
    Last edited by sari; August 1st, 2013 at 05:46 PM.
    Sari, lover of names.

The enchanting little witches: Euphemia, Cressida, Ottoline & Hermione.
    The charming young wizards: Bartholmew, Zephyr, Cosmo & Lucian.