Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Isabella and Sophia... I always loved these names but they are way too popular to use now.
    I like the name Paisley but from 2006-12 it has jumped from (832 to 104) and seems to continue going up, definitely going in the direction of too popular.
    Despite the association with the horrible fabric (which my mom constantly reminds me every time I hint at naming her future grandchild Paisley) it's such a cute name and I like that it starts with a P.

May be getting there with Sebastian as it has cracked the top 100, but is still low enough for me to use and seems to have plateaued.
    Only time will tell.

I would still use a popular name if:
    1. Its a timeless classic, such as Elizabeth, John etc.
    2. Its a family name

That said, DH and I agreed not to use a top 25 name for future children, so that would eliminate some names I love -
    Ella, Emily, Charlotte, Olivia and Lily.

I'd still consider William and James because they are family names.

Naming a girl was so much more difficult for me than naming a boy.
    I would have gone with Sophia, Emma or Ava if they were not so popular and Ava was a mean little girl down the street so that kind of ruined the name for us. Rather than Isabella I liked Arabella, but I think that will become very popular over the next few years.
    Name favorites :

Alana, Scarlett, Alexandria, Annalise, Gianna, Marcella, Kayla, Arabella, Julianna, Anastasia, Jovanna

Cole, William, Samuel, Caleb, Rylan, Roman, Grayson, Jackson, Joseph, Caden, Christian, Joshua

When I was pregnant with my first, I didn't want to use a name that was "too popular" but when I came across the name Emma, I knew that was her name. It just felt right. So, I don't pay attention to how popular a name is anymore. If I love it, I will use it. The only exception being a super trendy name. There are some of those that I like but wouldn't use.
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey

So many.

Ruby *
    Stella *
    Molly *
    Scarlett
    Lucy *
    Violet *
    Paige
    Alice *
    Delilah *
    Willow
    Hazel

Gabriel *
    Xavier
    Jude *
    Morgan * (popular for girls, ugh)
    Sawyer
    Archer (too trendy)
    Asher
    Tristan
    Jack * (firstborn boys are always given the name John in my family and Jack totally could have been my loophole out of this stupid tradition!)
    Benjamin *
    Oliver *
    Julian
    Charlie *
    Raphael *
    Jasper *

I would absolutely use Raphael and Jasper. I could see using Gabriel, and would maybe use Benjamin as long as I was absolutely fascistic that he be called Benji or Jem and not Ben. I would definitely use Morgan for a boy. Alice I would absolutely use if it didn't sound exactly like "Alexander" in conjunction with my surname. The rest I've found less-popular replacements for: Iris instead of Violet, Julius instead of Julian, etc. I'm also anxiously watching my longtime favorites Eloise and Juniper, which are racing up the charts. Even Matilda is rising fast. If Iris ends up in the Top 100 I shall cry -- and probably use her anyway. I'm less worried about my boys' names -- I have a feeling Roscoe and Dashiell, Balthazar and Atlas, will stay pretty obscure.

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Wren or Simon Adler | Alice Violetta or Atlas Dov | Julian 'Jules' River or Juniper 'Joon' Lovelace | Roscoe Fox or Marlowe Fritz | Jane Lucinda or Lucien Wilde | Louisa Valor or Eloise March | Ivan Elliot or Iris Cordelia | August Jack or Jasper Hale | Dashiell Jude or Judah Reeve | Thea Marina or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Finnegan Wallace or Felix Raphael

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...