Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    It's the type of name that's sort of outside of popularity since it's so ubiquitous. It's hard to say that I like or dislike it. It would be like not liking water, lol.

It's the sort that you'll never get a comment about. I can't imagine anyone ever saying, "yikes! John?" or "John? where'd that come from?". It's not bad or good really, it's just fine.

If you really love it, then go for it! It's not something anyone could sneer at unless they're snooty.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

I love the name John. I work with kids, and I don't meet that many anymore, so I don't think of it as being all that common. It's a refreshing change from Aiden-Caiden-Brayden-Jaden etc.

I don't dislike it, but yes, I do think it's boring. Then again I find most of the classics (Daniel, William, Thomas, Michael, et c.) boring. Jonathan makes it slightly more interesting, but then you sort of lose the nickname Jack, which I actually prefer slightly to John.
    "I have found the one whom my soul loves"
    k ♥ m

Guinevere · Vivian · Florence · Lilleba · Beatrix
    August · Barnaby · Roland · Lester · Whitney

Quote Originally Posted by kala_way View Post
    It's the type of name that's sort of outside of popularity since it's so ubiquitous. It's hard to say that I like or dislike it. It would be like not liking water, lol.

It's the sort that you'll never get a comment about. I can't imagine anyone ever saying, "yikes! John?" or "John? where'd that come from?". It's not bad or good really, it's just fine.

If you really love it, then go for it! It's not something anyone could sneer at unless they're snooty.
    I agree with all of this.

I like John. I find Johnny adorable on a boy, and John very wearable on pretty much any type of man. It's also the given name of one of my heroes and two of my favourite musicians. I prefer naming after people's first names than last names.

It can be Johnny or Jack. That's a nice flexibility. Every third newborn boy out here (Australia) seems to be being named Jack, Jackson, or Jaxon, but John itself is underused and feels relatively refreshing.

I do find Jonathan softer but Jonathan has a different, unrelated meaning/background and the spelling Johnathan drives me insaaaane with rage. Jonathan suffers from being confused with the more evergreen John, honestly. And calling a Jonathan Jack kinda doesn't work for me, only Jon or Jonny.