Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sister names for Betty?

I think I've finally decided that if I ever use Betty it'll be as a nickname for Beatrice instead of as a full first name (I got like 99% bad feedback on just using it as the first name haha), but now I have a different dilemma. All the names I like would go really well with Beatrice but I don't know how they would go with Betty (which we would call her 99.9% of the time). Beatrice and Claudia works well to me but I'm not sure about Betty and Claudia...it seems like Betty and Veronica from the Archie comics, Betty being the all-American laid-back beach girl and Veronica being the exotic, intriguing, sexier girl. I like both images, I just don't know how Betty and Claudia (which is a lot like Veronica image-wise for me) would go as sisters. Same with all my other favorite names. They all seem too...fancy next to Betty. Am I crazy? And if I'm not any suggestions/advice?
    Felicity ~ Calista ~ Claudia ~ Beatrice "Betty" ~ Carlotta ~ Millie ~ Cora ~ Audrey ~ Violet

Calvin ~ Jude ~ Miles ~ Oliver ~ Roscoe ~ Benjamin ~ Leo ~ Adrian ~ Isaac ~ Colin

Please rate my namelist! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9831814

Of your favorites, I really like Millie. You could do the same thing and go with a longer, more formal name and then use Millie as a nickname. Camilla goes well with Beatrice.

Lila, Eva, Hazel, & Betty (Betty was her given name) were hubby's grandma & sisters.

From your choices:
    Violet, Cora, Millie and Janie all go with Betty - similar era names.

Claudia and Beatrice are lovely, and they could be Betty and Dia?
    I also think Betty and Cora are gorgeous together!
    20 yr old name nerd, nanny & health and nutrition undergrad

Loving for the ladies: Harriet, Olive, Daphne and Frances
    And for the gentlemen: Peter, Charles and Beau (much harder than girls for me)

In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer -Albert Camus