Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Pronunciations

Pronunciations

I thought I would start a thread where people can ask question and give responses to the way a lot of names are pronounced. Just seemed like a good idea, since I always seem to be wondering how to pronounce certain names. SO if you have questions or answers, post away!

Wilhelmina? Do you pronounce the 'h' or do you say 'willa'?

Imogen? I also read it as E-Mo-Jen, but I'm not sure if that's the common way to say it!

I pronounce Wilhelmina "Willa-meena," and Imogen "Em-oh-jen."

I pronounce the H in Wilhelmina (Wil-hel-meena), that is how you pronounced Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands's name.
    Zelia • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a personal blog and one about royalty
    Exporting old Danish names, Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda/Johanna Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda/Anna" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise

And for the moment: Atticus Elessar Oisín • Aviaaja Agnes Lúthien "Avi"

I would say (vil-hel-meena), as it is the female form of Wilhelm, which is correctly pronounced (vil-helm). But then I'm not German so please correct me if I'm wrong : ) As for Imogen, I would probably say (ima-jen); but I have no idea what the real pronunciation is.
    Raphael Benedict-Charles Igantius-Jude Sebastian-Eli Augustine-Samuel Damian

Lucia Marguerite-Genevieve Ophelia-Maura Francesca

Charlotte-Freya-Elisabet-Haidée-Afton-Ishmael-Matthias-Farrow-Crispin-Percy

I pronounce the H in Wilhelmina -- wil-hel-mee-nah
    Imogen is pronounced with the IM like in HIM. It sort of sounds like Imagine.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014