Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help with Jade variation?

My middle name is Jade, and I really like the name, but I don't think I would want to give my middle name to a baby, so I thought about varying it... I had thought about Jadrey? Jadrie? Pronounced Jay-Dree... Does that sound too made up? If not, spelling recommendations?
    Last edited by shalexis; July 31st, 2013 at 06:54 PM.

It sounds pretty made up.

But I suppose there's nothing inherently wrong with that. I don't think it's odd to name her Jade, since it's only your middle name and it's not like people call you that, yeah?

The problem with names like Jadrie is that because they're amalgams, they lose their meaning and history, which is cool if you're fine with a name that sounds cool, but it can also be a missed opportunity to give your child a name with rich history and tradition.

Lastly, Jadrie is really awkward to say. Maybe it's my accent, but I had a hard time getting it out without stumbling over the letters.

I like Jade. Or Jada, perhaps.

Or what about Jadzia? Badass meaning - War Battle.

Also reminds me of Dax's name on Star Trek DS9 :P

Mary | Elsbeth | Clotilde | Everild | Beatrix | Junia | Tabitha | Lavender | Octavia | Eve | March | Edwen

Simeon | Lionel | Barnabus | Ezekiel | Hector | Ignatius | August | Jove | Sayer | Booker | Mariner | Cecil | Godfrey

Mum to Ulysses, Bishop, Winifred and one yet unnamed boo.

Hmmm ok, thanks. I just thought of it and wondered what people here would think!

My middle name is Jade today! I've thought about Jada or, according to another naming website, the name Maylin (which apparently means beautiful jade)- but I'm not 100% sure of the accuracy in that one.
    Name Nerd

No kids (yet), not even trying... but, I can't help but dream of beautiful (and ever-changing) names for my future children!