Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Fiona, Scarlett, Eris? What do you think?

We're expecting a girl in December. This is number five for us and and our final one. We usually like Irish/Celtic/Welsh and Nature or mythology names. The names of my other children are:

1. Orion Johnathan
    2. Sage Elysium

3. Cerridwen Willow
    4. Rowan Audric

----
    My husband loves the name Fiona. I like it, but not so much the Shrek/Ogre princess reference. I would like to hear other peoples suggestions and or thoughts on the names we like so far.

Fiona
    Scarlett
    Guinevere
    Eris
    Daenerys (Dan-eris)

Feel free to throw in more suggestions and pair the names up with middle names. Thanks!
    Last edited by eriset; July 31st, 2013 at 05:24 PM.

I don't think the Shrek thing is too strong. I think it will only fade. I have a little niece Fiona and it's been fine so far!

Scarlett is not my favorite name in the world, but it's fine. It does seem a little more popular than the rest of your set, especially for starting with the same sound (I think?) as Cerridwen

Eris is too close to Eros for me.

I like Daenarys but worry it would be really hard for people to "get" - but I suppose you've gone with Cerridwen so you're not to concerned with that : D.

Guinevere is wonderful, really like that for you.

Eilonwy comes to mind.

Fiona is one of my favorite names. I never saw Shrek and had no idea until recently that it was behind the recent spike in popularity of the name. I guess I'm out of touch because I would think of Fiona Apple before I would think of Shrek....!

That said, I love Daenerys!

Quote Originally Posted by jesba View Post
    I don't think the Shrek thing is too strong. I think it will only fade. I have a little niece Fiona and it's been fine so far!

Scarlett is not my favorite name in the world, but it's fine. It does seem a little more popular than the rest of your set, especially for starting with the same sound (I think?) as Cerridwen

Eris is too close to Eros for me.

I like Daenarys but worry it would be really hard for people to "get" - but I suppose you've gone with Cerridwen so you're not to concerned with that : D.

Guinevere is wonderful, really like that for you.

Eilonwy comes to mind.
    Thanks for your thoughts on the names. Cerridwen (the way we pronounce it) is Cara-Dwen. Though she goes by Willow at preschool since it's hard to pronounce for the wee ones. I never thought of the Eros connection. Eris is the goddess associated with the golden apple of discord (strife or chaos) and thought it might be fitting since baby number five was a surprise and a little over the top for me lol. I was concerned with Daenerys and the problems with not knowing how to pronounce it. My husband's name is Daniel (dan) and I usually use Eris or Eriset as my screen names so it's like a mixture of our personalities. (not to mention I like the character in Game of Thrones).

First off, I love the name Fiona (it's in my top names, now if I could just convince DH that it's great). I do not think that Fiona is too much associated with Shrek. The first thing that comes to my mind with the name Fiona is the movie the Secret of Roan Inish, a great movie with the main character having the name of Fiona.

I also like the name Guinevere to go with your other children's names.