Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

PLEASE PLEASE HELP! No name at all for second baby due in 2 weeks

Please help! I am really struggling with a name for my second baby due in 2 weeks. My DH and I have been looking for months now and cannot find any names that we both really like (for a girl or a boy) and the stress of it all is really starting to get to us! I like unusual names with a variation on spelling but don't want something that people will miss-pronounce. My own name is like this (Adria) and i have went my whole life being called so many variations that I answer to lots of different names! My 3 year old daughter is called 'Lillia' which I still love and i would really like a name that goes with that. I love the 'L' sound and would probably have called the baby Lola if our dog wasn't called that! That's if the baby is a girl, we don't know what we are having.

The only names that I have only my girl list at the minute are Luna, but I would spell it Louna and Aria/Ariah .My DH isn't keen on either. He thinks Louna will lead to teasing and the few people i have mentioned it to have all said, 'What Una?' or that reminds me on lunatic. Ariah I like but my Dh thinks it's too much like my own name. That's why i put the H on the end.

Boys list consists of ..... nothing! Tom was on there for a while but it's not unsual at all, doesn't really go with Lillia and as much as i think it's a nice name, i cant see me calling my son it. Thought of Larkin and Lochlin to carry on the L theme but that's all i came up with.

Please give me your opinion on the names above or any suggestions of your own. I want the baby to have a middle name too!

I love Luna! I think its so enchanting.

A few others you may like:
    Louisa
    Lucia
    Ariana
    Aviana
    Luella
    Ella
    Elinor
    Amelia
    Amalia
    Alice
    Adeline
    Lucy
    Lyra
    Lottie
    Scarlett
    Clara
    Isabella
    Arabella
    Anabella
    Belle
    Adele
    Laney
    Leah
    Lelaina
    Leilani
    Layla
    Delilah

Also, Ive seen quite a few people spell aria as "Auria" which is a legit spelling. Maybe that will appeal to you?

I tried to suggest names with a strong 'l' sound since you said you like that.

For boys, I love the name Lachlan, but a few other possibilities are:
    Leland
    Levi
    Langston
    Luther
    Luca
    Lucian
    Leonidas
    Landon
    Logan
    Lucas
    Liev
    Alastair
    Malachi
    Samuel
    Paul
    Silas
    Gabriel
    Leonardo
    Leo

Again , mostly 'l' names. I hope you find a few you like. Best of luck!
    When you get a few together, you can post again, and then i can suggest you a few middles if you want. I know you said you were stumped.
    Also, welcome to nameberry.
    |Penelope Winter Rose | Alexander Gideon Delayne | Luna Aurora Belle | William Owen Emrys | Liliana Tallulah Grace | Micah Isaac James | Dahlia Winter Carys | Elijah Samuel Leon | Coraline Lavinia Jane | Jasper Everett Greer | Gianna Francesca Maryse | August River Jordan | Magnolia Gwyneira Hesper | Silas John Paul | Anastasia Beatrix Pearl | Leland Samuel Delayne | Artemis Elektra Victoria | Lachlan Isaiah Rhys | Arcadia Callista Maeve|

Some great names here, thank-you so much! I really like Landon for a boy, haven't came across that before and I'd actually thought of London for a girl. You have given me lots to talk over with my husband, hopefully there is something he will like too!

My sisters name is Reid, and she has always gotten compliments on it. Its a real name yet unusual for a girl, as is the spelling and it cannot be mispronounced. Only thing is on paper it may look like a boy but cant help that, not that big of a deal. Then we have family friends that were inspired by that and named their daughter Meade. I love the name Gemma but my husband wont let me use it, its pretty, its british, not too common in states though. I also love the name Loie, as in Loie Fuller, look her up. She is the redhead in the Toulouse Lautrec paintings. Pronounced "Low-ee." Born Louise but went by Loie. I also like Beatrix and call her Bo, i.e. Bo Deryck.
    For boys, what about Thatcher or Bridger? Hope this helps or gives some inspiration.

Oh, and one more, when I was little I new an "avrielle" (Aa-vree-elle)
    Last edited by kitkat26; August 1st, 2013 at 12:33 AM.

I think Laurel would be nice with Lillia!
    Other cute L names for girls:
    Lux
    Lucy
    Lottie
    Lucille
    Leona
    Loretta

Other names that would be great with Lillia style-wise:
    Allegra
    Adele
    Selina
    Mona
    Dalia
    Samara
    Vivian
    Nova
    Raina
    Eleni
    Tessa

I like Lennox for a boy!

Good luck!
    20 yr old name nerd, nanny & health and nutrition undergrad

Loving for the ladies: Harriet, Olive, Daphne and Frances
    And for the gentlemen: Peter, Charles and Beau (much harder than girls for me)

In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer -Albert Camus