Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Jonathan - would love your opinion

We are thinking of using the name Jonathan. I'd love to hear what people think, as we are 100% sold on it as yet.

Nice name. I like it!

Good, strong name. Traditional sounding, and obviously easy to pronounce. Do you have a middle name picked out?

It's great My cousin is a Jonathan (nicknamed Jono). I like that it's traditional and yet still a bit different. I also like how many nicknames there are. A Jonathan could be Jay, Jonny, Jon, Nate, Nathan etc.
    ~Boys~

★ August Eli Benedict ★ Bram ★ Casimir Mordecai ★ Edmond John Meirion ★ Gillon ★
    ★ Jory Leander ★ Julian Charles ★ Macsen ★ Vasiliy ★

~Girls~

★ Aira Rose ★ Arietta ★ Clover ★ Delphina ★ Eleni ★ Fiorella ★ Hester Isobel ★
    ★ Iris ★ Lilah ★ Merit ★ Sylvia ★

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

I think if you're going that route, Jonathan is the best choice, as it's the slightly less common choice. My own family currently has about 6 "John's in it, so I personally steer clear of anything remotely like that; I feel like there enough of them in the world. If you go with Jon as the nick name, people may think you're referencing the Game of Thrones character; I don't know if that would be a plus or negative to you.