Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Totally agree with Aubrey, I LOVE it on boys, and find it boring on the girls. I know a 4 year old boy named Aubrey and its perfection on him. Also love Lindsay for a boy and always have. And Kelly.

I find it mind boggling that Emerson is being used for girls so much now. Its so masculine to me. I feel like Grayson is next.

I don't entirely agree though with the "gone to the girls" concept. Just because its being used on girls doesn't necessarily mean it shouldn't be used on boys. I would still use Emerson on a boy, I don't think putting it on girls has bad it any less masculine (or anymore feminine).
    Maybe I am a name nerd
    Edmund & Henry
    First born & brother from a furry mother

I love Quinn for a boy.

Haha...drhenry: I saw the name "Gracyn" for a girl on a wedding program. (She was the flower girl.) I'm not a fan...at all. People try too hard to convert names and be too creative. Parents rarely try to put themselves in the child's position of using a too trendy name their whole lives.

None. It's only "gone to the girls" when mothers of boys stop using them because it's used on a girl. If a mother of a boy wants to use say Madison or Kelly etc then use it on a boy and there will still be boys named that so it really hasn'tg gone to the girls really.
    Current Favorite Names
    ♀ Monet | Monroe | Celsius (MN) | Malachi | Chai | Iowa
    ♂ Celsius (MN) | Monroe | Andrew

"Cat Mom" to: Tiger Lilly Jane

Morgan, Sydney, Micah and Shiloh are my favorite and I would still consider using any of those but I would definitely have some reservations. I also LOVE the name Emrys but I worry that the "Em" sound is being completely taken over by the girls. I think that names like Emerson and Madison have fully "gone to the girls" but those aren't my style for either gender.
    Favorite Names:
    Elowen Olympia, Ramona June / Ramona Lux, Agatha Pearl, Cosima Valentine, Magnolia Simone, Ozma Winter
    Rory Valentine, Atlas Grey, Omri North, Cedar Graham, Emrys Odin

Love my kitty, Clementine Margot