Names Searched Right Now:

Help dealing with the flu while pregnant

Can anybody offer me tips for dealing with the flu? My three year old and I seem to have some sort of flu stomach thing, yay right? Its very painful and its a very hot and humid 80 degrees outside on top of the fever I have. Gatorade and crackers arr really my only go to . Please help if you can. Thanks

Aww I'm sorry you're now sick hootowl! I hate to say it but I think you've already covered the best tips: liquids and crackers. Add in as much rest as possible - lay down as much as you can. That's really all I can think of since you can't take much medicine. Just drink as much water/gatorade as your body will allow and eat crackers, toast, anything bland and starchy. Hopefully it will pass quickly. If you start to feel any cramping or abdominal pain, I would prob call the OB just to be safe. But most important thing is to make sure you don't dehydrate and to rest, rest, rest. Good luck!
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!

Be sure to take acetaminophen so your fever doesn't get too high. And if your fever starts getting scarily high then I would call your doctor and probably visit the ER.
    Mother to: Patrick Werner (3/10) and Mary Claire (06/12)

How miserable, hope you get well soon.
    Mom to Henry, Mollie, Gideon, and expecting Clark Ebenezer in November.