Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Vintage, spunky boys not in the top 1000?

I'm loving this style on girls but can't quite find anything for boys.

I love vintage names, something you definitely don't hear everyday, but that is easily recognizable as a real name.

I like Basil, but only pronounced Baz-il; as I'm American I'm not sure if i want to deal with correcting everyone who says Bay-sil. Also my sister laughed when i mentioned this name, so I'm hesitant to use it.

I like the names Edmund, Henry (nn Huck), August, Hamish, Anders, Archer (nn Archie), and Willoughby (a Will without William), but none of them feels 'right' so far.

Sister names are Imogen, Clementine, Rosamund, Florence, and possibly Susannah/Georgiana/Evelina/Juliet.

Favorite boy middle right now is Makepeace
    I hope to be a mom one day. For now I enjoy being a name lover.

My apologies for any typos; i post from my mobile phone.

Basil is awesome--though I personally prefer the BASE-uhl pronunciation. Some others you might like:

Anson
    Leland
    Harland
    Granville
    Cecil

I love Basil, Edmund, Henry, & August.

I also like:
    Ambrose
    Harvey
    Isidore
    Thaddeus
    Zebulon
    Linden
    Garrett
    Emmett - but I'm sure this is in the Top Thousand.
    Mordecai - but only with NN Cai, never Mordy/Mort!
    Victor

spell it Bazil, its not a crazy spelling if its helping pronunciation in my book

vintage + spunky i think steampunk:

copied and pasted from Nameberry's Steampunk Names: Victorian Sci-Fi – Baby Name Blog - Nameberry, favs in bold

ALEKSANDAR – the young hero of Scott Westerfeld’s Leviathan series.
    AMBROSE
    ARRONAX – from Professor Pierre Aronnax, a scientist in Jules Verne‘s, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.
    ARTEMUS – after Artemus Gordon, secret agent partner to Jim West in the television series and movie, The Wild, Wild West.
    AUGUSTUS
    BARTHOLOMEW
    BERTRAM
    BLAYLOCK – a name honoring early steampunk author James P. Blaylock.
    BRISCO – the cowboy hero in the television series The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr.
    BYRON
    CORNELIUS
    CYRUS
    EMERSON
    GRANVILLE
    HARRISON
    IVAN (pronounced ee-VAHN) – from Ivan Dragomiloff, the anti-hero (played by Oliver Reed) in the movie, The Assassination Bureau.
    JEREMIAH
    JETER – a name honoring science fiction author K.W. Jeter, who coined the term “steampunk.”
    JULES – a name honoring author Jules Verne. Also the name of one of Doc Brown‘s sons in the movie Back to the Future, Part III.
    LANGDON – after Langdon St. Ives, a scientist and adventurer-explorer who appears in a number of popular steampunk stories by author James P. Blaylock.
    MAXWELL
    NEMO – the anti-hero and genius captain of the fantastic submarine in Jules Verne‘s novel Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea. Unfortunately, many people today will probably associate this name with the Disney movie Finding Nemo.
    OSWALD – from Oswald Bastable, a British army captain in author Michael Morcock’s The Warlord of the Air.
    PHILEAS – from Phileas Fogg, the main character in Jules Verne‘s novel, Around the World in Eighty Days.
    QUATERMAIN – from Allan Quatermain, a main character in the movie The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, as inspired by the character from the novels of H. Rider Haggard.
    RAY – from JamesRay” Steam, an inventor’s son living in 19th century England, in Katsuhiro Otomo’s acclaimed animated steampunk movie, Steamboy.
    SILAS
    SOCRATES – after the character Socrates Poole in the television series The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr.
    VASH – after Vash the Stampede, the lead character in the Japanese “Old West” style steampunk manga and animated television series, Trigun.
    VERNE – a name honoring author Jules Verne. Also the name of one of Doc Brown‘s sons in the movie Back to the Future, Part III.

other names that come to mind:
    Warlow/Warley
    Dietrick
    Drewry
    Lorne
    Renard
    Cavanaugh
    Quill
    Ackerley
    Gardner
    Roland
    Ward