Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Ronan or Oren as a first name?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ronan

38 80.85%
  • Oren

9 19.15%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ronan or Oren?

Ronan or Oren?

Ronan or Oren? Is Oren James a bad combination of names? Any thoughts would be very helpful.

Ronan sounds romantic, strong...Oren sounds kind of nerdy.

I like them both, honestly. I have heard "Ronan" more frequently over the last couple of years and have never met an "Oren," though I do love the name. It's actually on my list as well. Ronan James sounds nice together, but then again so does Oren James. Do you have a strong preference between the two, or are they both pretty equal in your mind?

Thanks so much for your replies - very helpful thus far.

We named him Ronan James but I am still not used to his name - after many months. It is very Irish and we are not of Irish decent! I have always wanted to use the name Oren but my husband did not like it initially. we cant decide what to do. I think I would have to insert another middle name between Oren and James - so he doesn't have the initials OJ, right? or maybe nobody will think of that....This is rather stressful - because if we so change his name then we have to tell friends, family, etc.

First, if you're American/Western European (including African American) you're very likely to have Celtic, if not Irish, ancestry. Ronan James is such a great name! Have you considered calling him James, if Ronan isn't working for you? I've known so many people who went by their middle names. Even RJ is a great set of initials to use as a common name/nickname.