Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which spelling do you like better for Eliot as a girl's name?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Elliotte

25 64.10%
  • Elliette (we would still pronounce it Eliot, not like "Juliette")

14 35.90%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question Please help with spelling of Elliotte for a girl!

We like the name Eliot for a girl, but we want to make it more feminine. Which do you like better?

I love the name Elliott for a girl! You will get a lot of posts that it is an "all boy" name but I think it is a super cute girl's name!
    Proud Mommy to Maeby Alana born 8/6/10
    Expecting Girl #2 Saela Eliza due 7/12/14

If you want it to be pronounced like Eliot, I would spell it Elliotte. With the spelling Elliette, you are most likely going to have people pronounce it exactly how it looks: Ellie-ette.
    Ian Alexander Cameron Blaise Damien Cole Axel Sean Callum Bryce Lennox Beau
    Blair Annevieve Camryn Atalya Piper Caydence Tallulah Sage Senna Kai Haven Lux

None of the above. I don't like Eliot on a girl. Fab on a boy though. Your alternate spellings look like ellie ette or ellie otte

Your need to add unnecessary letters to make this boy's name more "girly" or "appropriate" for your daughter suggests that you aren't comfortable with giving her a boy's name in the first place. Both Elliotte and Elliette look goofy.
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Dean ◊ Micah ◊ Gideon ◊ Tobias ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Edith ◊ Georgia ◊ Gwen ◊ Catherine ◊ Lydia ◊ Phoebe