Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm desperate!

I'm desperate!

Hi All!

I'm pretty new here, to the forums at least. We are due with #3 in Oct and I still haven't thought of a name that I am certain of.
    We have a Sasha and a Milo, we had 4 losses and this is most certainly a rainbow baby. We prefer first names that aren't in the top 200 (we named our kids before Sasha fierce and Sasha Obama, hehe). We have played around with:

Maggie
    Ellie (too popular)
    Hattie

Hazel and Violet, as middles and Beatrix/Beatrice b/c it was my grandmothers name. I still don't have one that I'm in love with though!

Our last name is 3 syllables, hispanic sounding and starts with "Car"
    ETA: I'd like to keep away from names ending in the same sound as my other kids which is why I seem so stuck on "E" endings

Please let me know if you have any names that sound like they may fit our style. I need help!

Thanks!
    Last edited by saroncar; July 30th, 2013 at 09:14 PM.

Milo, Sasha and. . .

Tess
    Tillie
    Jessie
    Ruth (Ruthie)
    Rose
    Marcy (a bit nicknamey though, could go w/ Marceline or Marcella)
    Last edited by esswei; July 30th, 2013 at 09:43 PM.

Sasha and Milo are a really nice sibset. Some of the -ie names seem too nickname to me-- so what about one ending with an S or an N? Some other possibilities:

Sasha, Milo, and

Arden
    Astrid
    Avis
    Blythe
    Corrine
    Edith
    Ellen
    Elsie
    Esme
    Faye
    Felice
    Frances
    Gretchen
    Gwen
    Helen
    Ingrid
    Iris
    Ivy
    Jane
    Judith
    Leonie
    Olive
    Nancy
    Phoebe
    Rose
    Roxanne
    Ruth
    Sydney
    Thais
    Verity

Maggie - wouldn't be my top pick as it shares the M with Milo, but, it would be OK. Is Margaret out for being too long? Too formal?
    Ellie - you've ruled out, but you like the sound. OK.
    Hattie - cute. So vintage. Is Harriet out for being too long, too formal?

You like Hazel and Violet enough for middles. Flowers. You like Beatrix or Beatrice enough for the middle. S endings. Some thoughts:
    (I am not sure what's in the top 200. I've tried to avoid super popular but might be wrong on some things).

Alice nn Allie: ends in S. Vintage. Allie is close to Ellie but less popular. Alice Violet is a wonderful combo.
    Agnes nn Aggie: Like Maggie, has an S ending. Agnes Violet.
    Eden nn Edie. Edie would suit your nickname style
    Edith nn Edie. See above. Just Edie would really be fine too, nickname names are frankly not my style so I never think to recommend them, but it would work.
    Eleni nn Leni (Ellie): Gets the El sound but gets you a less popular nickname. Eleni Beatrix? Eleni Hazel?
    Eve. Means life. nn Evie is a little close to your style.
    Harriet nn Hattie: just to give you something else to work with. Harriet doesn't go great with any of your middles, maybe Beatrice is OK (Hattie Bea!)
    Hazel nn Hattie: just to give you something else to work with. Hazel Beatrix. Love the Z and X together.
    Helen nn Nellie: like Ellie just less popular. Helen Violet.
    Iris: flower with an S ending. Means rainbow. Iris doesn't go great with any of your middles though.
    Nellie: Like Ellie, just less popular. Nellie Beatrice.
    Millie: kind of merges Ellie and Maggie. Millie Violet.
    Phoebe: E ending, not too popular currently. Phoebe Violet.
    Zoe: means life, e ending. I know it's popular though. Zoe Beatrix.

Any getting close? Best wishes!

You guys are so helpful!

esswei - Tillie was on our original list and I'd forgotten about it! I don't like Ruthie much but it did make me think of Ruby. I wonder how popular that is?!

davisellu - that is a great list, I believe we had Elsie on our list too, its time to revisit that one and I LOVE Esme, I hadn't thought of that type of sound at all

jesba - you hit the nail on the head mentioning the M connection between Maggie and Milo, I originally said no to it just for that reason but it was one of the only ones my hubby and I could agree on. I do like Edie and Evie and Millie (but that takes us back to M's)

DH won't go for Phoebe, I think it fits though!

Thanks so much for your help, I have some new choices. Keep em coming!