Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is it too much?

Is it too much?

My current favorite name for a girl is Coral, but I'm worried that it sounds too wordy with our last name (Silver). I've been trying to think of full names that could get the nn Coral, but I'm not really in love with any of them yet. My husband loves Coraline, but I'm not so sure about it. I've also considered Cora, Coralie, and Cordelia. Can anyone else come up with a different full name to get the nn Coral, or does just plain Coral actually sound alright with our last name? Thanks!
    Last edited by mom2luka; July 30th, 2013 at 04:35 PM.
    Currently Loving:
    Rosemary, Ivy, Juniper
    Fox, Griffin

I think Cordelia Silver is absolutely stunning! I think it flows the best of all the Coral names you have. The only other name I can think of that could get you Coral is Corliss, but I'm not sure if that flows with Silver.
    ~inside this teenberry's mind ~
    ~
    Vote on combo possibilities (updated 4/5/14)
    ~
    Slowly reconstructing
    ~
    ♀ ~ Adair ~ Cassia ~ Cecilia ~ Cordelia ~ Ivy ~ Kestrel ~ Lyra ~ Mary ~ Petra ~ Shira ~

♂ ~ Benjamin ~ Caspian ~ Finnian ~ Jack ~ Julian ~ Levi ~ Nathaniel ~ Ronan ~ Tristan ~

☺ ~ Cassia Jane ~ Cordelia Alice ~ Ivy Seraphina ~ Lyra Genevieve ~ Mary Valentina ~ Shira Beatrix ~
    ~ Jack Peregrine ~ Julian Hawthorne ~ Ronan Wilder ~

Considering: ~ Finnegan ~ Lux ~

My vote is to stick with Coral Silver. Yes, it's wordy, but I don't see that as a bad thing. I actually think the imagery is beautiful. If I met a Coral Silver, though, I would probably not even notice that her name is two nouns.

I know a Coralynn. Maybe that could work for you. There's also Cordelie (a variant of Cordelia) and Corlissa if you're looking for something a little more uncommon.

I don't think Coral Silver is too bad together. A little choppy and a little like a description instead of a name, but not bad.

Good luck!
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico/Dominic, Gianfranco/Gianpaolo, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa
    Katarina/Caterina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Alba, Leokadia, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirella, Arianell, Sonia, Talia, Leonie

Coral Silver sounds like the heroine of an excellent adventure novel. I'd stick with it.

Mary | Elsbeth | Clotilde | Everild | Beatrix | Junia | Tabitha | Gwendolen | Octavia | Eve | March | Edwen

Simeon | Lionel | Barnabus | Ezekiel | Hector | Ignatius | August | Jove | Sayer | Booker | Mariner | Cecil | Godfrey