Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Dutch-esque girl name for #4

Hello! I'm Devin and I'm 32 weeks pregnant with my 4th child (sex unknown) and we're having a much harder time with names this time around that "fits" with our other children.
    My son is Leiden Dominic (LYE-din) after the city and university where dh and I met (he's got Dutch ancestry and I took a degree in Art History studying all the Dutch painters), so we got stuck in a bit of Dutch-esque thing, though we live in the U.S. His name came to us really easily, though we use the anglicized pronunciation not the Dutch, which is closer to LAY-din.
    My first daughter is Saskia Rosemary (SAHS-kee-uh), another Dutch name with links to art history.
    Then we had a beast of a time figuring out a name for our third child, but ended up with Aleydis Josephine (uh-LAY-dis), another antiquated Dutch name.
    We're kind of stuck now with another Dutch-esque name (or perhaps a Scando-Germanic name), even though nothing that we've come across so far is screaming THE ONE.

On our list so far we have:

Catharina/Katharina (seems a bit dull in comparison)
    Evelien
    Greet/Margreet
    Jacintha
    Justine/Jestine
    Lysanne (though we'd like to avoid another L, S, or A name)
    Madelief
    Mathilde
    Thirza
    Isa
    Noa

Any suggestions?
    Devin
    mom to
    Leiden Dominic (7)
    Saskia Rosemary (6)
    Aleydis Josephine (4)

I think Evelien fits perfectly! I feel like it has that same feel and distinctiveness that your other names have - Classic-sounding, but exotic. Perhaps all you need is the right middle name for a name/combo to be THE ONE.
    Last edited by tay2thestars; July 30th, 2013 at 03:27 PM.
    ~ Catholic. College. Communicative Disorders. ~
    ~
    (updated 8/28/15)
    ~
    Saints, Classics, & Norwegian Boyfriend's Influence
    ~
    ♀ ~ Alice Cordelia ~ Aurora Seraphina ~ Elizabeth "Elska" Cecilia ~ Genevieve Astrid ~ Juliet Sunniva ~

♂ ~ Axel James ~ Jack Sebastian ~ Ronan Oliver ~

Musings ~ Alice Cassia ~

(I'm using the 3 syllable pronunciation of Cassia & soo-NEE-va pronunciation of Sunniva)

Evelien is just perfect ! I love it ! it fits perfectly with your other kids names .
    Belle {kittens.flowers.coffee.art.books.}

“I am eternally, devastatingly romantic, and I thought people would see it because 'romantic' doesn't mean 'sugary.' It's dark and tormented — the furor of passion, the despair of an idealism that you can't attain.”

dante prometheus edgar wolfgang alaric orpheus viktor amadeus dorian raphaël raven lucien varen quentin
    psyche ophelia rosa nocturne lenore autumn lucinda persephone ligeia pandora séraphine lilith iphigeneia zuleika

Jacinta really jumped out at me! Love it.

Love Saskia Rosemary! So pretty!
    Evelien and Mathilde are my favorites
    Mom to Tess, Kaia, Jasper and dogs Brody, Max and Felix

*Penelope Sadie Kite* Piper Olive Cordelia* Phoebe Clementine Hope* Hattie Vivian Jewel* Willa Florence Eve*

*Finn Wesley Joseph* Ezra Calvin David* Judah Theodore Henry* Leo Abram James*