Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Dutch-esque girl name for #4

Hello! I'm Devin and I'm 32 weeks pregnant with my 4th child (sex unknown) and we're having a much harder time with names this time around that "fits" with our other children.
    My son is Leiden Dominic (LYE-din) after the city and university where dh and I met (he's got Dutch ancestry and I took a degree in Art History studying all the Dutch painters), so we got stuck in a bit of Dutch-esque thing, though we live in the U.S. His name came to us really easily, though we use the anglicized pronunciation not the Dutch, which is closer to LAY-din.
    My first daughter is Saskia Rosemary (SAHS-kee-uh), another Dutch name with links to art history.
    Then we had a beast of a time figuring out a name for our third child, but ended up with Aleydis Josephine (uh-LAY-dis), another antiquated Dutch name.
    We're kind of stuck now with another Dutch-esque name (or perhaps a Scando-Germanic name), even though nothing that we've come across so far is screaming THE ONE.

On our list so far we have:

Catharina/Katharina (seems a bit dull in comparison)
    Evelien
    Greet/Margreet
    Jacintha
    Justine/Jestine
    Lysanne (though we'd like to avoid another L, S, or A name)
    Madelief
    Mathilde
    Thirza
    Isa
    Noa

Any suggestions?
    Devin
    mom to
    Leiden Dominic (7)
    Saskia Rosemary (6)
    Aleydis Josephine (4)

I think Evelien fits perfectly! I feel like it has that same feel and distinctiveness that your other names have - Classic-sounding, but exotic. Perhaps all you need is the right middle name for a name/combo to be THE ONE.
    Last edited by tay2thestars; July 30th, 2013 at 03:27 PM.
    ~inside this teenberry's mind ~
    ~
    Vote on combo possibilities (updated 4/5/14)
    ~
    Slowly reconstructing
    ~
    ♀ ~ Adair ~ Cassia ~ Cecilia ~ Cordelia ~ Ivy ~ Kestrel ~ Lyra ~ Mary ~ Petra ~ Shira ~

♂ ~ Benjamin ~ Caspian ~ Finnian ~ Jack ~ Julian ~ Levi ~ Nathaniel ~ Ronan ~ Tristan ~

☺ ~ Cassia Jane ~ Cordelia Alice ~ Ivy Seraphina ~ Lyra Genevieve ~ Mary Valentina ~ Shira Beatrix ~
    ~ Jack Peregrine ~ Julian Hawthorne ~ Ronan Wilder ~

Considering: ~ Finnegan ~ Lux ~

Evelien is just perfect ! I love it ! it fits perfectly with your other kids names .

Jacinta really jumped out at me! Love it.

Love Saskia Rosemary! So pretty!
    Evelien and Mathilde are my favorites
    Mom to Tess, Kaia, Jasper and dogs Brody, Max and Felix

*Penelope Sadie Kite* Piper Olive Cordelia* Phoebe Clementine Hope* Hattie Vivian Jewel* Willa Florence Eve*

*Finn Wesley Joseph* Ezra Calvin David* Judah Theodore Henry* Leo Abram James*