Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lo View Post
    Thanks for the ideas. I've been thinking about Lydia lately. Hubby has always vetoed it, but I think he's weakening as he is now willing to admit he likes Liddy. I think Isabel works well with my last name too but seems like my kids know a lot of little Isabelles.

I think Elizabeth is a little hard to say with my last name. I'm also not loving the prominent "t" in Beatrice and Victoria with my last name.
    Liddy really is adorable, isn't it?

Hmm...how about:

Vera Tyson
    Ruby Tyson
    Farrah/Faye Tyson
    Liliana Tyson
    Verity Tyson (When I say it, the ty- sounds more like a -dee)
    Rebecca Tyson
    Valerie Tyson
    Hannah Tyson
    Daphne Tyson
    Phoebe Tyson
    Maya Tyson (my-ah)
    Stella/Estelle Tyson (I think the T sounds in this flow nicely together)
    Sadie Tyson
    Gabrielle/Gabriella Tyson
    Evelyn Tyson
    Rosalie Tyson
    Rosamund Tyson
    Leonora Tyson
    Shira Tyson
    Ramona Tyson
    Aurora Tyson
    Angelina Tyson
    Reese Tyson
    Simone Tyson

Edit: Have you thought about Gracia (Grace-see-ah or Gray-sha), if you're second-guessing Grace?
    Last edited by tay2thestars; July 30th, 2013 at 05:15 PM.
    ~inside this teenberry's mind ~
    ~
    Vote on combo possibilities (updated 4/5/14)
    ~
    Slowly reconstructing
    ~
    ♀ ~ Adair ~ Cassia ~ Cecilia ~ Cordelia ~ Ivy ~ Kestrel ~ Lyra ~ Mary ~ Petra ~ Shira ~

♂ ~ Benjamin ~ Caspian ~ Finnian ~ Jack ~ Julian ~ Levi ~ Nathaniel ~ Ronan ~ Tristan ~

☺ ~ Cassia Jane ~ Cordelia Alice ~ Ivy Seraphina ~ Lyra Genevieve ~ Mary Valentina ~ Shira Beatrix ~
    ~ Jack Peregrine ~ Julian Hawthorne ~ Ronan Wilder ~

Considering: ~ Finnegan ~ Lux ~

Quote Originally Posted by joyfulmomto8 View Post
    I know you know I love Grace Elizabeth it's beautiful and works perfectly with your other children. I do also really like Caroline for you, I think it would be sweet that the girls would all have the "k" sound.....Lydia is pretty, and a little "Liddy"would be precious!
    Even when discussing Caroline with my husband I find myself saying Claroline. In fact, I think part of the reason we like it is that it reminds me of Clare's name. I could put that aside as I know that for a while I was calling Clare Clatharine and I don't do that any more (now, I just call Clare Katharine...oops). It's the theme that worries me the most. When dh and I got married we wanted a bunch of kids but that hasn't quite happened and I'm approaching 40, but who knows maybe we'll still end up with a few more. If they are all girls, I don't want to feel confined to a C/K theme particularly as I bet most of the names we'd like would all start with the C.
    Pondering names for a hypothetical #7. Current favorites: Grace Elizabeth and Lucy Caroline

How about Charlotte? I know you don't want another C name, but I love Charlotte with Paul, Clare, Mark, Katharine, and James.
    Other ideas:

Abigail
    Rose
    Eliza
    Last edited by kyemsma; July 30th, 2013 at 07:59 PM.
    From our ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors. ~ Proverb

Caroline Audrey & Patrick Elliot, Catherine Grace & James Frederick, Claire Elizabeth & Luke Alexander

Grace is lovely!

I understand your concerns though. If like you say you might have a few more kids, more one syllable names kind of strengthen the trend.

Besides the C/K, Clare and Katharine are united by being accepted but not the most common spellings. So that's something to consider

Besides Grace, I can also see (besides the many good suggestions here...I might of course repeat on accident)

Elisabeth (I think you said you didn't like this as a first? But in case I'm misremembering that. I think it's nice).

Eva (two syllable variant of a Biblical name, fairly classic)

Anna (see Hannah)

Hannah (Biblical and familiar/classic - the short A ties it in with Clare and Katharine a bit)

Laura (classic)

Leah (Biblical and familiar/classic)

Natalie/Nathalie for an accepted not-most-common (classic and the allusion to Christmas may go with the boys' Biblical names and girls' saints' names. I know you didn't love T's though....I think it could work though)

Rachel/Raechel for an accepted not-most-common (Biblical)

Rebecca/Rebekah (Rebekah for an accepted not-most-common; Biblical; either spelling gets you the C or K to tie with the girls, just not at the beginning)

Quote Originally Posted by jesba View Post
    Grace is lovely!

I understand your concerns though. If like you say you might have a few more kids, more one syllable names kind of strengthen the trend.

Besides the C/K, Clare and Katharine are united by being accepted but not the most common spellings. So that's something to consider

Besides Grace, I can also see (besides the many good suggestions here...I might of course repeat on accident)

Elisabeth (I think you said you didn't like this as a first? But in case I'm misremembering that. I think it's nice).

Eva (two syllable variant of a Biblical name, fairly classic)

Anna (see Hannah)

Hannah (Biblical and familiar/classic - the short A ties it in with Clare and Katharine a bit)

Laura (classic)

Leah (Biblical and familiar/classic)

Natalie/Nathalie for an accepted not-most-common (classic and the allusion to Christmas may go with the boys' Biblical names and girls' saints' names. I know you didn't love T's though....I think it could work though)

Rachel/Raechel for an accepted not-most-common (Biblical)

Rebecca/Rebekah (Rebekah for an accepted not-most-common; Biblical; either spelling gets you the C or K to tie with the girls, just not at the beginning)
    Thanks for the suggestions. The funny thing is that my name is Laura; Rebecca is my only sister, and my husband is Nathan which is way too close to Natalie for me; and Hannah is the name of my niece. Anna nn Annie would be a leading contender but we are 100% set on Andrew for a baby and I'll only consider Anna if I'm really sure it's my last baby. Leah has been on my list before but I don't really like her story and we make a pretty huge deal about the kids namesakes. That's also why Eve and Eve variants aren't on our list.
    Pondering names for a hypothetical #7. Current favorites: Grace Elizabeth and Lucy Caroline