Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thoughts on this 'classic'?

What is the general consensus on the name Robert? Possibly with the nn Robbie? Is it a strong classic or is it horribly outdated? I only know of two, one is my age (23), and the other is a few years younger, prob 20?

I'm still looking for a name to replace Evander in my top two. Would Robert and Lachlan seem strange as brothers? I really love the nn Robbie, and sometimes feel Robert might not fit with all my other name choices. Can you get Robbie from other names?

Lachlan Alexander - Evander 'Anders' Alcott - Cadmus Walter - Theron Xavier - Thatcher William - Peregrine North - Dresden Alasdair

Natalie Winter - Adelaide Pearl - Hermione Jane - Corisande Fable - Lavender Alina/Irie - Cordelia Autumn - Virginia Joy- Odessa Faye

I think Robert is a bit too mainstream and mid-century to go with your other favorites. Robinson nn Robbie may be a way to freshen it up. Lachlan and Robinson are nice together imo. Also, I like Anders on its own not just as a nn for Evander, are you considering that?

I think Robert is fibe with your list, it is slightly different but not too much. I don't really believe in the idea that names are dated, so I think Robert is fine to use.I think what is most important is that you choose a name that you love.
    Raquel-21 year old who loves names, books, and languages

Ladies: Catherine Isabella,Helena Margaret, Clara Josephine, Amelia Juliet, Louisa Genevieve, Eva Rosalind, Rose Fiammetta, Edith Lenore, Charlotte Rosamund, Eleanora Winter
    Gentlemen: Asher Frederick, Nicholas Hugo, Henry Oliver, William Grey, Matthew Isaiah, Thomas Alaric, George Everett

I think Robert and Lachlan work fine together. Both seem very Scottish to me. From your list, I think Dresden, Thatcher, and Evander go well enough with Robert, whereas Peregrine, Theron, and Cadmus seem a little mismatched.

Quote Originally Posted by gwensmom View Post
    I think Robert is a bit too mainstream and mid-century to go with your other favorites. Robinson nn Robbie may be a way to freshen it up. Lachlan and Robinson are nice together imo. Also, I like Anders on its own not just as a nn for Evander, are you considering that?
    That's how I feel as well. I think Robinson would work great with the other names on your list. Robert is definitely a classic name so not outdated or anything but I think Robert and Lachlan don't really fit together well.
    Mother to: Patrick Werner (3/10) and Mary Claire (06/12)