Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Thanks for the advice. I do like Delilah as a name but the Biblical reference has put me off due to her character in the Bible and Estée is lovely! I hadn't thought of that. I also love the nickname Essie!
    Last edited by hanbow; August 4th, 2013 at 09:13 AM.

I think it's become too much of a word to be a name. All I can think of is you and your daughter walking into the grocery store and seeing Easter signs and advertisements everywhere. It would, unfortunately, make her name to generic, and you want to give her a special name that you picked just for her, not for the rest of the world to stamp on a piece of candy.

Logistically, being the name of a holiday could make things really confusing. If someone were to say "what are you doing for Easter?" How would you know if they are talking about the holiday or your daughter?

I think the intention behind the name is great! I just don't think it could work.

Is it the sound you like? Maybe try a name like Ester or Esmé or Enid or Edith. Is it the idea of spring you like? Any floral name (Violet, Lilly), animal name (Robin, Birdie, Lark), nature name (Ivy, Flora, Skye) or a beginning name (Dawn). You could also choose a name that sound like one of these names (Elowen sounds like Elm, Mable sounds like Maple).

Hope this helps!

Thanks cmhinken! I do like the names Maple and Lark for sure and Ivy is an option that I do like also. Thanks again for all of your suggestions!

How about Esther? It kind of sounds the same. I also like the idea of Easter as a middle name!

I knew a girl in elementary school whose family immigrated from Korea. They wanted her American name to be Esther, but they misspelled it on whatever form they filled out and her legal name was Easter. That's all I think of when I think of this, I don't really find it usable. Sorry :/ Estee is gorgeous though, you could use that as a nickname
    PREGNANT with our first!!!

My name is Caroline, BeatrixDaisy is just a name I like!

My favorite names:
    Emilia, Beatrix, Juliette, Chloe, Madeline, Audrey, Emerson, Alaina, Felicity, Coralie, Alessandra, Katherine, Lucy, Luna
    Holden, Noah, Nathaniel, Caleb, Cameron, Adam, Calvin, Travis, Ronan, Hudson, James, Paul, Peter, Mason, Troy