Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cleo?

My name's Chloe, and you can't even imagine how many times I get called Cleo, especially by older adults (I'm assuming they're more familiar with Cleo than Chloe). Sometimes I actually wish my name were Cleo because it's still so chic yet far less popular. I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by bounceparty View Post
    My name's Chloe, and you can't even imagine how many times I get called Cleo, especially by older adults (I'm assuming they're more familiar with Cleo than Chloe). Sometimes I actually wish my name were Cleo because it's still so chic yet far less popular. I love it!
    Aw I absolutely love Chloe as well! I think it's such a beautiful name! Thanks for your input!

Quote Originally Posted by geeknamezyo View Post
    I absolutely adore Cleo--it was one of the things I wanted to change my name to, back in the day, and has stayed on my list forever. You haven't posted your other kids'/stepkids' names in this thread, but having gone back and looked at your previous posts, I'd say no, it doesn't match with the others (except possibly Avery.) However, that doesn't matter in the real world as much as those of us on this site make it seem to matter, especially in such a big, blended family with so many different names already.
    Part of me does want the name to 'match' with the others, but I do love the name so it makes me question how important that is! Of course I'm still continuing my search, and hope to find 'the name' soon! Thanks for your advice!

Actually, I really don't like it. It makes me think of cats, for some reason (I truly have no idea why), and with the alternate spelling Clio being only one letter away from something you REALLY don't what your daughter being called, I've just developed a profound distaste for it.

I don't mind it as a nickname for something like Cleopatra, but as a name in itself I'm not a big fan. Aside from my somewhat unreasonable distaste for it, though, it is certainly usable.
    I’m just trying to behave as I think a friend should behave. Granted, I haven’t had much practice.

~Elphaba Thropp, Wicked, by Gregory Maguire

I love Cleo, but it has a different vibe than your other children's names.
    ~Tali~

Girls: Ivy, Caroline, Bryony, Augusta, Idony, Sephora, Elizabeth, Sage, Delphine

Boys: Adrian, Halcyon, Everett, Nathaniel, Elliott, Brighton, Theodore, Levi, Camden