Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Amadeus

Amadeus

Hello everyone,
    I am due any day with my fourth child, and third son, and still struggling with a first name.
    We had Atlas, Balthasar/Balthazar, and Crosby on our short list, as well as Arthur, Cedar, and Amadeus as names we like. I have had Amadeus on my list since we found out this one was a boy, but I'm struggling to think of a nickname for him. It's such a long name and although the meaning is particularly why I love the name, I worry that as a child it will be too much for him. Any suggestions on nicknames for Amadeus, or any other name suggestions?
    His middle name will be Gane (family name) and surname two syllables ending in o.
    Our other three children all have two syllable names with 6 letters. Not too worried about following this pattern.
    Thanks.

I love the name, and like you the meaning is a huge reason why. Another reason for me is the lack of readily available nicknames. I love the proper name and would want to hear it spoken! I tend to choose names without obvious nicknames, or at least not abbreviated from the proper name.
    Not so done having children after all. We're not ready for TTC quite yet but when we do get pregnant,the husband handed sole naming rights over to his name obsessed wife!

Bouncing Baby Boy: Tristan Marcel * Ambrose Galahad* Gabriel Beauregard
    Little Lady: Josephine Adele * Lena Josephine* Lorelei Nicole* Fleur Josephine

Love Amadeus! I'd call him Deuce.

what about Maddie?

Your names are awesome. I LOVE Atlas, adore Balthazar (especially with the fabulous nn Baz), and Amadeus is just so cool. You really can't go wrong. I will say that Balthazar and Amadeus seem to be quite a different style from Crosby and Arthur, with Cedar and Atlas less far afield but still not exactly cohesive. In fact, I would love to see a sibset of Balthazar and Amadeus or Cedar and Atlas! It may help to consider what direction you want to go in with the names of your future children.

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Mariner | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...