Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Struggling to find 'the one' for 3rd son...help please!

Hi, I am new to the berries but I have spent hours upon hours, days upon days, reading through your posts and forums looking for devine inspiration to name our devine 3rd son. I have b/b twins Philip Isaac & Devon James & absolutely love their names!!!. Philip very traditional but not popular, DH's choice, and Devon a little unique & uncommon, my choice. We like that both their names are 2 syllables and have nice nn Phil & Dev for when they grow up. I'm really struggling now to name our 3rd son in less than 2yrs! I am looking for 1 or 2 syllable as we have a 3 syllable '........ski' ending surname, and a name that works well with our sibset.

James is a name I love & an important name in my family history, although I worry about it being too common but would be a safe choice given how confused I currently am!... I like James Daniel (nn JD)

I don't mind traditional or less-so as we already have 1 of each. I don't like 'trendy'. I would like a name that sounds equally strong next to his older twin brothers too.

Other names I like:
    Arlo
    Lincoln
    Evander
    Daniel (not sure of the D-D sibset?)

I generally like names that start with letters in the first half of the alphabet A-M.

I'm pretty stuck, confused & stressed, would really appreciate your help, advice please! :-|.

I also really like William, Luke & Lucas which we can't use as other family/friends already have.

Congratulations on your soon-to-be here son! Love your b/b twin names of Philip Isaac and Devon James. Since your one son has the middle name James, I would suggest not using it as a first name for your 3rd son. Are there any other names that have important family history that you would like to use?

From your names that you like, I particularly like Arlo for you. I think that Arlo has that two-syllables that you are looking for and goes well with your other son's names.

Some Suggestions, hope some of these help

Levi
    Jasper
    Owen
    Dermot
    Ian
    Henry
    Harry
    Tristan
    Arthur
    Viggo - this might be too out there for you, not sure though so I put it in here anyways.

Good luck in choosing a name!

Thanks for your help jtucker. I like Levi but DH vetoed that a while ago along with Harry. Not entirely sure why. I also don't mind Owen, Oden. I quite like Tristan but what would be the nn? There's many names I like but very few that I 'love' the same way I do with P&D - hence why I'm finding it so hard as I feel their little brother is deserving of one we love just as much. Philip & James are the only 2 family names that really stand out. My dads name is Hugh but as much as I love him I find that name quite limiting.

Some two syllable names with one syllable nn....

Callum
    Camden
    Christian
    Calvin

I know a Tristan that they call tris, like Chris

Anson
    Ashur
    Beckett
    Cobalt
    Coltrane
    Corbin
    Darrow
    Declan
    Derek
    Edison
    Evan
    Everett
    Heath
    Keith
    Gage
    Gavin
    Gannon
    Leith
    Lennox
    Reeve
    Rhett
    Seth
    Slate
    Tavish
    Thaddeus (Thadd)
    Thane
    Trent
    Truman

We have a similar last name (heck it could be the same surname) but obviously prefer more unusual names. Best wishes!