Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Berries, I need your creative genius!

I have been crushing on the name/nickname Rory for a bit now (again), and it's just hit me that the reason I've never committed to Rory before is that I can't really picture me with a just Rory. I don't have a problem seeing someone actually named Rory, and I find it completely respectable, and I do love it, but I feel like maybe I need Rory to be a nn to see me using it.

What names can you see with Rory as the nickname? Especially that would fit in with the rest of my list? I feel like Gregory, Riordan, Roderick, Rowan/Ronan/Roman, Robert, etc., are often bantered about as a full name for Rory, but none of those really appeal to me (Rowan and Gregory appeal the most, but my boss's name is Gregory, and that would just be weird, and Rowan nn Rory seems like a pretty huge stretch to me).

Okay, Berries! What've you got?

Thanks!
    Lise
    twenty-something name lover dreaming of adoption.

Isabelle | Arianne | Olivia | Violet | Catherine | Emmeline | Lillian | Charlotte | Eleni | Anne-Sophie | Tess | Eva | Winter | Hazel
    Caleb | Everett | Jack | Avery | Zane | Samuel | Grant | Declan | Brody | Bailey | Addison | Leo | Grayson

"Ma patrie, c’est la langue française." - Albert Camus

Well, other than Ruari itself I can't find any other names with the 'ror' sound and I don't agree with the idea that merely having an 'or' sound in name meaning that Rory can be a nickname for that name.

However, something like...

Robin Orpheus
    Roderick Orlando

...would work.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: 18 is up. Two more to follow within the next week.

Loren, or Laurence (Maybe even Laurent?) could be Rory (just like a female Laurel). Ruben or Rupert seem like natural Rorys to me, too.

I don't think Rowan to Rori is much of a stretch. A Celtic (Irish/Welsh) name would ber ideal, but perhaps Rodrigo or Ariston.

Rourke
    Rorrik/Roric/Rorick
    Amory
    Diggory
    Ellory
    Moriarty -- I know you won't like this one but I love it :P
    Roark (famous, champion)
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

Kith nor Kin -- http://kithnorkin.blogspot.com/ Chapter 30 and Epilogue is up. It's done!
    Angel's Art -- https://www.facebook.com/danteasart
    http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014