Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hamish?

Hamish?

I mentioned to my sister that i liked Hamish for a boy and she said "what, like the guy on Hunger Games?"

Well everyone make that connection? I've only read the first book in the series, but i believe his name was actually Haymitch. It's very close, will people automatically link the two?
    I hope to be a mom one day. For now I enjoy being a name lover.

My apologies for any typos; i post from my mobile phone.

I've read all the books and didn't think of Haymitch at all. As he's not one of the leads, I doubt a lot of people will immediately think of the character. My initial reaction was that it sounds very Scottish and that my mom used to watch a detective show called Hamish MacBeth.
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Veronica ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

(Still) trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

Just sounds like an older Irish or Welsh guy to me (I don't know the specific origin of the name). It's ok...I prefer Seamus, I think.

I think you'll have a lot more people thinking of ham. Unless you're in a country where Hamish is more common, I see there being a lot of teasing potential with things like "Piggy".
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

In Australia the pronunciation of Hamish is not with the ham sound. It is also a fairly common name here too. I have never heard the "piggy" nickname associated with this name - and I have known a few Hamish-es in my time. It has a more HAY-MISH sound to it. I definitely did not associate it to Hunger Games either. I really like this name - probably associated with the fact that all the Hamish-es I have met have all been cool, quite sexy guys!
    Mummy to the gorgeous Alice Heather and the delicious Harry George

Bubba #3 due March 2014! Finalising short list of favourite names!