Names Searched Right Now:

Miles, Theo, Gus and ...

Not naming anyone, just playing.

So, my top three boys' names are Miles Henry, Theo Philip, and Gus William.

A few things:

1) I am also considering Theodore nn Theo. But if I would call him Theo at least 95% of the time, is there really any point in giving him a 'full' name?

2) I'd also consider August nn Gus, but I'm not crazy about Miles and August together since both names are also words. I think that together, for some reason, they the fact that they're words seems more prominent. Am I over thinking this? Or do you agree? Also, like with Theodore nn Theo, is it worth choosing a 'full' name?

My girls' list consists of one name: Jane. For some reason, I find girls' names much harder than boys' names. I like a lot, but love few (at the moment, one).

So, help me! What would you name Miles, Theo, and Gus's sister? And what do you think of Jane with Miles, Theo, and Gus?

Thank you!

I think Miles, Theo and Gus are an awesome sibset. They go really nice together. I would do Theodore and August just because I think it's nice to have a formal name. I think Jane works okay.

Some other girl's names:
    Ada
    Tess (not sure if you'd want a Theo and Tess in one sibset though)
    Nora
    Fay
    Maisie
    Daisy
    Celia
    Cara
    Mother to: Patrick Werner (3/10) and Mary Claire (06/12)

Thank you! First of all, I love your suggestions, especially Nora and Maisie. I get what you mean about having a full name and, funny enough, I would never use Maisie without a formal name. Double standard? Perhaps, but I also think that Gus and Theo will age better than Maisie.

Anyone else?

So, my top three boys' names are Miles Henry, Theo Philip, and Gus William.

Miles and Theo/dore are pretty popular but they have lots of class. love Henry & Philip, William is just so popular but even i cant hate it lol.

another boy name to consider: Jesse

1) i ALWAYS think there is a point to giving a 'full' name because it gives your child OPTIONS.
    Theo isnt too bad, but there are lots of other nicknames (Teddy) that a grown adult wouldnt want to be called. Theodore has more weight & availability for a man

2) its over flourished but i prefer Augustus and even better Augustin, and love Gus. this is one of the nicknames most adults would prefer trading out for work purposes etc. plus August seems feminine to me

3) think Jane works very well with this sibset, they all have the same classic feel.

other girl names you may like:
    Alice
    Etta
    Wendy
    Maisie
    Danielle
    Gloria
    Elise
    Nicole

Quote Originally Posted by katherinerg View Post
    Thank you! First of all, I love your suggestions, especially Nora and Maisie. I get what you mean about having a full name and, funny enough, I would never use Maisie without a formal name. Double standard? Perhaps, but I also think that Gus and Theo will age better than Maisie.

Anyone else?
    Thanks! I also would do Maisie as Margaret. I really always choose full names to nicknames. I just think it's nice to have a formal name to pull out for certain situations even if it's just on wedding invitations or announced at graduations as they walk across the stage.
    Mother to: Patrick Werner (3/10) and Mary Claire (06/12)