Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Hope everything works out with the adoption! I know firsthand how exciting and nerve racking this time is! Hopefully, we can come up with something for them.

M-names .

Muriel
    Melisande
    Morgan
    Maura
    Morwen

Double barrels

Frances Cate
    Annabeth
    Sophie Ann
    Chloe June
    Lucy Jane

Misc.

Arianne
    Sidney
    Sylvie
    Joelle
    Lucy

Mary | Elsbeth | Clotilde | Everild | Beatrix | Junia | Tabitha | Gwendolen | Octavia | Eve | March | Edwen

Simeon | Lionel | Barnabus | Ezekiel | Hector | Ignatius | August | Jove | Sayer | Booker | Mariner | Cecil | Godfrey

I find your friend's style to be more modern than Victorian. Camden is very modern/trendy. Here are a few for the girls:

Claire
    Kate
    Grace
    Ruby
    Phoebe
    Lucy
    Harper
    Victoria
    Alexandra
    Jane

From the names you already mentioned:
    Halle
    Carmen
    Audrey
    Mila

Others:
    Rowan
    Kira
    Elsa/Elsie
    Camille
    Sylvia/Sylvie

Double Barrels:
    Anna Marie/ Annemarie
    Kyla Jane

M Names:
    Morgan
    Mabel
    Mirabel
    Mica

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Good luck
    A writer and a student. Just another berry, probably under-ripe.

(\__/)
    ( o.o ) Helping Bunny to world dominance.
    ( >< )

You know, I think this is really hard because the way they describe their style and the names they like are almost completely at odds!

"Mom likes proper, elegant, old fashioned, English/dutchess names" -- but the specific names she likes are Audrey, Michelle, Carmen, Mackenna, Mila, Halle, Macy. These names may have their strong points, but I think Audrey is the only one that could even vaguely be called proper, elegant, old-fashioned, OR English/duchess!!!!

Dad, meanwhile, who professes to prefer familiar all-American girl names actually has kind of quirky taste: Beth, Bailey, Sadie, Teagan, Audrey.

Beth may qualify....or again, Audrey. Guess it's easy to see why Audrey is the only name they can agree on!

So....a name that's proper and elegant but not snooty (hmmmm), that sounds all-American but might also be fit for an English duchess, that's familiar but also a little bit different!!! They don't need an expert, they need a wizard!

OK, I'm kidding, kind of. This is exactly why names like Kate and Laura and Emma are so popular -- they cover so many bases and satisfy so many seemingly contradictory requirements at once.

People have thrown out a lot of good suggestions. Now I think we need reactions from the namers....or maybe they are just going to stick with Audrey!
    Pam Satran
    Nameberry