Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

I wish we could just decide! 2 names and a few weeks to go.

So I have posted a few times before about my name choices and I am annoying myself I realize a lot of people either love or hate these names which is fine. We are still down to two names and I am not sure if just meeting her in a few weeks will make it easier to make our decision. It is nice to be down to 2 names but it is still such a hard decision! The first name is the most important obviously. I am liking them both pretty equally these days! Our daughter is Camille but I am not as concerned about the flow of the sibset.

Willa Hazel

OR

Hazel (still unsure of middle name)
    but possibly: Hazel Aster
    Hazel Corinna (Corinna was our 3rd name choice)
    Hazel Adair
    Hazel Helene
    Hazel ????

Hazel is a family name (which is not really that important to me but a fact), we seem to get better reactions to this name. I do not know anyone who has personally used this name but friends of friends know a couple Hazel's, etc.

I like that it is vintage-y, nature-y, classic with a modern twist and a little spunky. But the biggest thing holding me back is the fact that it is getting to be much more popular and may only be increasing in popularity especially in the city we live in and in general. It was 48/100 last year and I hear it a lot (maybe bc I am paying more attention) in the community. Before it was popular, it was just a name I really really liked. If it wasn't so popular, I think it would make it easier to decide.

Willa. I like that it is short, sweet, funky, feminine and vintage-y. It just has a lot of appeal to me. It is much less common and I like that is much more unique which makes it more appealing. I know it's a name that people either like or don't but I think it is a name than will grow on people. I like the literary connection.

I just don't want to regret it either way and it is so hard to know what is best! Maybe seeing her face will help Thanks for letting me share my process.

Tristan Gilbert°Robin Amaury°Leon Percival°Edmund Theoderic°Finn Beowulf°Magnus Oberon°Thorin Elliot°Edric Maximilian°Emil Orlando
    Freya Elysant°Belle Seraphina°Leda Cassiopeia°Briony Rosaline°Charlotte Romilly°Lotus Dorothea°Aurora Nimue°Cecily Eliska, Mabel Celestina
    girl & boy

Both are great choices, I think you should wait and see her to decide!

That being said, Willa Hazel is the name I would pick personally. You get the more unique first name that you love and seem to prefer slightly (If only for the fact that it's less popular) but also get to honor family and yet another name you love with Hazel in the middle

Considering:
    🍂Jane*Fiona*Thea*Gwyneth*Alice*Evangeline*Bridg et
    🍂Oren*Lars*Bram*Griffin*Jude*Nolan*Otis*Kieran

Love Willa Hazel!! Both Willa and Hazel were on my favorite name list, they are beautiful together.

I like that combo too! But how often do you remember or hear someone's middle name, ya know? I just hope I don't regret not using Hazel, the name I loved first. Ahhh! Thank you! I feel so indecisive. Naming my daughter was so much easier!