Names Searched Right Now:

Hansel and Gretel

I have an English assignment due about fairy tales. In fact, i have to re-write "Hansel and Gretel" as a modern version, and have a moral, blah blah blah blah.
    But i don't want to use the same names in Hansel and Gretel.Also In my version of the story, Hansel and Gretel are friends, not siblings.
    So i need a name for:
    Hansel:
    Gretel:
    Witch/Crazy ladyI'm thinking about using Melody)
    Strange Au Pair/ stepmother:

Can you help me?

Hansel: Hudson, Henry, Deacon, Dean, Cole
    Gretel: Leah, Maeve, Heidi, Emmeline, Felicity
    Witch/Crazy Lady: Margot, Morgase, Vivian, Isis, Melondra/Velondra sounds creepier to me than melody
    Strange AuPair/ Step Mother: Martha, Margaretta, Clio, Noreen, Deidre, Saiorse

Just top of my head, so many different styles and ways to go without more guidance

Well Hansel is a version of John so you have John, Jonny, jack, Ivan, Johan, evan, Ewan, Gian and all the other international versions, see here: Behind the Name: Meaning, Origin and History of the Name John
    Gretal is related to Margaret (according to behind the name) giving you Margot, Maisie, Mae, Daisy, pearl, Greta, Gretchen, Maggie, Rita, Mared etc see here Behind the Name: Meaning, Origin and History of the Name Grete

I like the name Melody so don't wanna see it used on a crazy person!! But that's me being biased.
    Witches is Slavic Origen are often given the tital Baba, Baba Yaga etc so
    Barbara, Babette, etc could work.
    Crone is the English term for witch. So swapping around a bit you have Corine, Cornelia.
    Then there's the lolly spin: Lolly, Dulsie (sweet), Melissa (honey), Candy...

The step mother I think names that are a little formal and aloof:
    Lavinia, Vivienne, Magnolia, prudence,
    Alexandria, Diana...

Good luck.

Sarah Beth <3

Current favorites:

Violet Christine • Aurora Scarlett • Eden •

Micah James • Cash Henry •