Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Smile Journaling/scrapbooking during pregnancy?

Hi fellow mama's and mama's-to-be!

This is something I've been thinking a lot about since before we were even actually pregnant. I know lots of parents create scrapbooks for baby once they arrive (all the milestones from Baby's First Year and all that) but I'm wondering if anyone does one for the pregnancy? If you did, was it just for your eyes or was it for your partner and/or child to see in the future too? Did you do a scrapbook or journal? What did you put into it? I've been really struggling, looking around trying to come up with what feels right, and then I came across this really cool journal today in Barnes & Noble. I absolutely love it because it asks questions and prompts you so I don't have to think of what to write all by myself. So in case anyone else is interested, they also sell it at Wal Mart and you can view it online at Amazon at this link:

The Nine Pregnancy Countdown Journal: Kelly Sopp, David Sopp: 9780307886415: Amazon.com: Books

It's definitely the best one I've found so far. But I'd love to hear what you are doing or have done for your own pregnancies? My brain is just too tired to be creative right now apparently!
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!

With my daughter I made her a birth story photobook on Walgreens.com it's kind of written like a story book. It starts with "before you were born mommy and daddy fell in love" and has two of our wedding pictures. Then it tells about how mommy was feeling sick so she took a test and we found out we'd soon be a family of 3. Then I have pictures of her ultrasounds and pregnancy pictures that tell how he grew and grew and as she grew so did our love for her. I did a section of places she went while in mom's tummy with pictures of trips and special places we went while I was pregnant. Towards the end I tell the story of labor and her birth. Then I put in her newborn pictures and pictures of all the family who came to visit her on the hospital. I've read it to her (she's 18 mos) and she seems to like it. She likes pointing at the people she knows like her grandparents and mama and dada. She gets really excited at the first picture of her and squeals "baby!" I'm also working on a photobook of her first year that goes month by month and shows all her firsts. I'm up to 11 months and I'm really happy with it so far but it has required a lot of time. However that might be because I'm so nit picky and keep editing all the pages and trying to find the perfect pictures and layouts and words. I looked at a bunch of baby books when I was pregnant and after she was born and none of them appealed to me so I just wrote down some of the things I knew I wanted in her book and made my own. Hope that helps. Congrats on your pregnancy! I'm pregnant with #2 and also due in December

I did scrapbooks for my children's first years but I included two pages with ultrasound pictures and a page about their name.
    Mother to: Patrick Werner (3/10) and Mary Claire (06/12)

@jasfarewell: that sounds so lovely what you did, I love it! Thanks for sharing! I know I'm definitely going to do a scrapbook once baby girl is here I'm just not quite sure what to put in a pregnancy scrapbook. The journal I have may be enough I guess.
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!

I did a photobook of my pregnancy. It starts with a picture of the positive pregnancy test and includes things such as the sonogram pics, pictures of my husband painting the nursery, baby showers, putting together nursery furniture, etc. I also included a list of names we were considering and pictures of me taken in profile so that you can see the progression of my pregnant belly (the first was taken at 16 weeks and I took one every four weeks after, ending with 40 weeks). It ends with pictures of my daughter taken at the hospital after she was born. It's very slim but it's a nice memento to have around. I did the whole thing through Shutterfly and I think it only cost like, $20.

Now that my daughter's here, I print out doubles of pictures that I take and put the second in a photo album for her. That way she'll have a photo album of her childhood that she can take with her when she grows up and leaves home.