Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Juno

Juno

During my school's swimming/water polo summer camp, I met an incoming freshman boy named Juno. I found it quite interesting, and it strangely seemed to suit him, even though I prefer to see it on a girl.

What do you think of Juno on a boy?
    ~inside this teenberry's mind ~
    ~
    Vote on combo possibilities (updated 4/5/14)
    ~
    Slowly reconstructing
    ~
    ♀ ~ Adair ~ Cassia ~ Cecilia ~ Cordelia ~ Ivy ~ Kestrel ~ Lyra ~ Mary ~ Petra ~ Shira ~

♂ ~ Benjamin ~ Caspian ~ Finnian ~ Jack ~ Julian ~ Levi ~ Nathaniel ~ Ronan ~ Tristan ~

☺ ~ Cassia Jane ~ Cordelia Alice ~ Ivy Seraphina ~ Lyra Genevieve ~ Mary Valentina ~ Shira Beatrix ~
    ~ Jack Peregrine ~ Julian Hawthorne ~ Ronan Wilder ~

Considering: ~ Finnegan ~ Lux ~

I'm not a huge fan of the name in general, but I actually prefer it on a boy. I think the reason I dislike the name so much is because I don't generally like girl names that end in -o.

I know Juno is the female goddess, but it's pretty common to completely ignore the meaning of names. Like Claudia (lame) and Cecelia (blind).

Plus there's a popular book series: Artemis Fowl. That Artemis is male, even though Artemis is also the name of a Greek goddess.

Personally, I would think the parents rather ignorant for giving the name of a goddess to a boy. I don't consider Juno unisex at all.
    Mom to Sylvia Caron and Linus Roman

Perhaps Juneau for a boy.

It seems feminine to me because of the movie 'Juno', and also the goddess, but I admit it has a unisex sound IMO. I think spelled Junot or Juneau seems more masculine, but in either case, good for him for pulling it off!
    "I have found the one whom my soul loves"
    k ♥ m

Guinevere · Vivian · Florence · Lilleba · Beatrix
    August · Barnaby · Roland · Lester · Whitney