Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    I much prefer Sylvie to Sylvia, but it is really a matter of taste. Sylvie is a name in its own right (as others have pointed out). Sylvie might sound nicknamey to some people, but it feels perfectly acceptable as a fn IMO. As someone else pointed out, Sylvie is what Sophie is to Sophia. I really like it.
    D.S. lil Bam Bam

Sylvie is one of my favorite girl names. I am not one to be a fan of nicknames, either. Sylvie, as others have said, is the French version of Sylvia. To me, French culture oozes sophistication so I view Sylvie as a perfectly acceptable, complete first name. I personally feel Sylvia is a little too stuffy and old, but Sylvie is fresh while maintaining class. I really like Sylvie paired with a middle name that ends in an 'a.' I have the combination of Sylvie Johanna on my short list (Johanna honors family).
    Mom to Nora Cathleen.

Current favorites:
    Declan (Decs/Dex). Miles (Milo). Dean. Euan. Dexter (Dex). John (Johnny). Max. Finn. Leo. Reed.

Gwyneth (Gwen). Elise. Bronwen (Bonnie). Piper. Josephine (Josie). Iris. Margot. Sylvie. Beatrix (Bea). Mary.

Oh thanks for the wonderful response guys x
    Experiencing constant re-evaluation of my choices
    Gals. Lyra, Eliza, Roxanne, Penelope, Matilda, Alice, Nina
    Guys. Gabriel, Robert, Gethin, Zachary

I dislike Sylvia a lot but I love Sylvie and so there is no contest for me in this regard, just name her Sylvie it is a beautiful name.

rollo
    Psalm 23