Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I adore the name Sylvie, and I think it works perfectly on its own. Plus, using a "nickname" as an actual name means that your daughter won't constantly have to correct people during role call. "Sylvia?" ... "I go by Sylvie."

I used to think it did, but I'm coming to see it as more like Sophia/Sophie, Julia/Julie, etc. I think your choice should probably be based on what sounds better with your surname.

Sylvie is a lovely French take on Sylvia and I think it's elegant. Spell-check and new aquaintences may well assume Sylvia leading to a lifetime of corrections.
    Thrilled to be mother to @gnes Ei1ish Madeline and Fe1icity Bridget Be@trice

If we'd had boys the list was: Godfrey, Seamus, Alexander, Michael, Felix, Peter, Ignatius & Sebastian.

My Sylvia has never been mistaken for Silver (she's 4). I think people expect Sylvia as a name, not Silver. We call her Sylvie, but I've only been asked a couple times whether that was her full name. I know it's the French version, but to us Sylvia seemed more complete.
    Mom to Sylvia Caron and Linus Roman

I think Sylvie is to Sylvia what Sophie is to Sophia. Perfectly acceptable as a full name in my opinion.
    I hope to be a mom one day. For now I enjoy being a name lover.

My apologies for any typos; i post from my mobile phone.