Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Smile Why can't I think of a name for my third daughter?

We need a name for our third child. We are expecting a girl. My other daughters are named Layla Evangeline and Elyse Rose. Our last name starts with an S. Any suggestion would be so appreciated. So far I like:

Sloane Julianna (i love this but I'm nervous about the negative connotations it has associated with it - Sloane Rangers in the UK. And it doesn't sound as feminine as my other daughters names, but I still love it )

seriously, that's all i have.

Thanks!!!!

ive never heard of that term but wikipedia says: "Initially the term "Sloane Ranger" was used mostly in reference to women, a particular archetype being Diana, Princess of Wales."

dont think Diana is a negative connotation at all! i think the only similar situation in the US would be 'Valley Girl' names that have a connotation of the snobby, rich girl from the 90's lol, but even those names are coming around and getting a fresh start.

Sloane is lovely, not a especially feminine sound, but on a girl is just exudes femininity somehow. paired with Julianna it gives off a wonderful aura. some people dont like alliterating the first & last name, but sometimes it just works - i dont really mind it. S never seems to be one of the bad sing-songy alliterations.

plus i happen to think it fits well with Layla and Elyse rather well, which yes are more feminine, but not overtly. like Sloane they are more coy and covert.

Instead of long and girly how about short and sweet?

Sloane Wren
    Sloane Bree
    Sloane Lark
    Last edited by wintersage; July 27th, 2013 at 02:37 AM. Reason: typo

Lovely Ladies:
    Elanor Therese ~ Rosemary Luthien ~ Elizabeth Gloria ~ Abilene Cecilia
    Lucy Magdalene ~ Susannah Violet ~ Caroline Mercy
    Elsa Evangeline ~ Jane Magnolia ~ Sylvia Pearl ~ Cassia Valentine

Gallant Gents:
    Timothy Lewis ~ William Augustine ~ Sebastian Vincent
    Harrison Peter ~ Percy Maximilian ~ Owen Benedict
    John Paul Atticus ~ Lincoln Ignatius ~ Calvin Anthony