• Mordecai

2 4.55%
  • Arlo

23 52.27%
  • Leonidas

6 13.64%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Talking potential boy names

thoughts hubby doesn't want family names.
    Married my best friend 5/11/13, mommy to Murron Lydia Genevieve 10/20

Name crushes:
    Alice Hazel, Helena Faye,Cleora Beatrice,Gloria Charlotte, Sylvia Edith,Lior Inez
    Solomon Jace, Gideon Charles, Henry , Waylon, Arlo, Mordecai

I think Solomon is the most obviously usable, but a couple others could definitely work.

Arlo makes me think of Harlow, which is one of my favorites...for girls. But with that spelling, I definitely think "boy." It also reminds me of Marlowe, which I think is a great guy name.

At first glance, Leonidas is way too strong...but not really. The Leo/Leon nickname would soften it right up. Even if you didn't throw a nickname on there, it's probably still usable simply because names starting with Leo are so popular right now.

Caedmon/Cademon is very interesting. I'm not brave enough for it, but I don't think it would be completely absurd for you to use it.

Mordecai...yeah, I wouldn't touch this one because it feels sort of super-villainy. Probably because of the "mor." Voldemort. Post-mortem. But hey, maybe it's just not my style.

Most of these are bit intimidating to me, but I voted for Arlo, as I've found that to be the most common (but not mainstream) boys' name on the list. We have 2 Arlos in my town that I know of; both very happy children.

Arlo is my vote and Solomon would be my second. The name Arlo is all boy to me.

If Leonidas will be called Leo or Leon, that gets my vote.