Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Justine: Yay or Nay?

To those who saw my earlier post, "Kitty: Yay or Nay", yes I'm still daydreaming about names.

So now I've dreamed of Justine, which I don't think fits too well with other possible sibsets: [girls:] Kitty, Cybil, Imogen "Gen", Winona "Winnie", Agnella "Nella", Violet, [Boys:] Philip, Sebastian "Bas", Louis, Thomas, or Ed-Names (Edward, Edgar, etc.). Or does it? Opinions?

The other thing is- it's a feminization of Justin, obviously. As in, Bieber, Timberlake, Moore, Chambers, etc. Because Justine isn't *that* popular of a name, would you assume I'm a Bieber/Timberlake/Moore/Chambers/etc fan? Because I am not. (Actually, I like Justin Chambers because of his Grey's Anatomy role, but not *that* much)

Any other thoughts on the name?

Overall: Yay or Nay?
    →teenberry←
    you can call me gail

□cecilia renee, kay wells, agnes, rosemary "rosie"□
    ■george, philip, thomas, bruno, james, mack, joseph, walter "walt", franklin, arthur■
    ◊guilty pleasures: della, philomela, sullivan◊

I like Justine. I wouldn't think anything at all about male Justins. The names ring pretty different. I had a friend with the middle name of Justina which I also thought was very pretty (rhymes with Christina).

I think Justine would work OK with the following from your list:
    Cybil (they are both quite serious image names). Justine and Cybil makes total sense.
    Imogen (they both have a hipster edge). Justine and Imogen works.
    Agnella (Agnella evokes Agnes, which has a similar old-ish vibe). Justine and Agnella works.

Justine and Winona maybe? Both feel "dated" in this way - Justine doesn't on its own, to me, but Winona, though pretty, pulls it that way with all the middle age celebrities with that name.

Justine and Kitty clashes. Kitty is too cutesy. Justine and Violet, I find clashy too, Violet is such a pretty girl name. Note though that I'd love the combo in one name, Violet Justine or Justine Violet.

With the boys, I can see it working with any of them really.

I'd love to meet a little Justine. I give it a yay.

Even though the name is uncommon, I know three Justines. I doubt people will think of any Justin namesakes because Justin is quite a common/well-known boy's name and also because there's tons of famous Justins out there. I actually think Justine fits right in with your other names, except for Kitty, which is too nicknamey next to Justine.

I give it a yay.
    ~inside this teenberry's mind ~
    ~
    Vote on combo possibilities (updated 4/5/14)
    ~
    Slowly reconstructing
    ~
    ♀ ~ Adair ~ Cassia ~ Cecilia ~ Cordelia ~ Ivy ~ Kestrel ~ Lyra ~ Mary ~ Petra ~ Shira ~

♂ ~ Benjamin ~ Caspian ~ Finnian ~ Jack ~ Julian ~ Levi ~ Nathaniel ~ Ronan ~ Tristan ~

☺ ~ Cassia Jane ~ Cordelia Alice ~ Ivy Seraphina ~ Lyra Genevieve ~ Mary Valentina ~ Shira Beatrix ~
    ~ Jack Peregrine ~ Julian Hawthorne ~ Ronan Wilder ~

Considering: ~ Finnegan ~ Lux ~

Quote Originally Posted by tay2thestars View Post
    Even ... I actually think Justine fits right in with your other names, except for Kitty, which is too nicknamey next to Justine...
    How do you think Justine would fit with Kitty if her nickname was Kit? Is that any better, at all?
    →teenberry←
    you can call me gail

□cecilia renee, kay wells, agnes, rosemary "rosie"□
    ■george, philip, thomas, bruno, james, mack, joseph, walter "walt", franklin, arthur■
    ◊guilty pleasures: della, philomela, sullivan◊

Quote Originally Posted by gailk View Post
    How do you think Justine would fit with Kitty if her nickname was Kit? Is that any better, at all?
    Actually, I prefer Kit on it's own, or as a nickname for Catherine/Cathryn/Katherine/Kathryn. I honestly think it's a little redundant to give a name normally used as a nickname a nickname (sorry if that is a little confusing lol). I like Justine and Kit better than Justine and Kitty, but Kit is just a little too short next to Justine in my eyes.
    ~inside this teenberry's mind ~
    ~
    Vote on combo possibilities (updated 4/5/14)
    ~
    Slowly reconstructing
    ~
    ♀ ~ Adair ~ Cassia ~ Cecilia ~ Cordelia ~ Ivy ~ Kestrel ~ Lyra ~ Mary ~ Petra ~ Shira ~

♂ ~ Benjamin ~ Caspian ~ Finnian ~ Jack ~ Julian ~ Levi ~ Nathaniel ~ Ronan ~ Tristan ~

☺ ~ Cassia Jane ~ Cordelia Alice ~ Ivy Seraphina ~ Lyra Genevieve ~ Mary Valentina ~ Shira Beatrix ~
    ~ Jack Peregrine ~ Julian Hawthorne ~ Ronan Wilder ~

Considering: ~ Finnegan ~ Lux ~