Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    We're both worriers and pre-planners, we want to agree before the baby is even conceived! (We're TTC now)

My husband says he doesn't want to argue with a pregnant woman, lol. But really, no, we just don't like uncertainty. And I don't really go for the whole "the baby looked like/didn't look like" their name thing.

We had the names (boy and girl) picked out pretty early in the pregnancy. I am a planner as well and, once, we found out the gender, I liked referring to my son while I was still carrying him by his name.
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.

Each time we've had a list of about 3 but with a firm agreed on favourite for each gender.
    And each time we've ended up going with that favourite.. But I still like to have a couple of extra options ready just incase we change our mind once we see the baby..

I replies to the article on the home page (Yay OP! Great thread idea). The TL;DR version is that though I have no kids yet, I have a zillion lists and like to look at names from every angle (syllable count, vowel patterns, etymology, lists of middles, family names etc). I don't know if I'll be this way when it's an actuality, but i think I'd like to go in with (if sex is unknown) one name for each, or (if we know what it is) two or three possible ideas. I like the notion of having it pared down to "a boy WILL be____, a girl WILL be____" to have that simpler at the time of birth. I also don't think I'd be hung up on whether or not a squished up, red faced, puffy eyed newborn "looks" like a certain name or not. I think they grow into their names.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherkate View Post
    ... I'd like to go in with (if sex is unknown) one name for each, or (if we know what it is) two or three possible ideas. I like the notion of having it pared down to "a boy WILL be____, a girl WILL be____" to have that simpler at the time of birth. I also don't think I'd be hung up on whether or not a squished up, red faced, puffy eyed newborn "looks" like a certain name or not. I think they grow into their names.
    I absolutely agree.
    We'll be going in with an agreed-upon favourite.
    With our daughter we definitely agreed on what her first name would be, and kept changing our minds about her middle right up until she was born (but that was more just for fun). I think it will probably be the same with this pregnancy.
    New username is @ truenature