Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

"Johnson" for a boys first name

My husband and I have been trying to come up with a boys name. We both want some of our families to be incorporated in our children's names. For his side, Johnson is the family name he wants to use. On my side, Davis is the name I want to use. So we thought about naming a boy Johnson Davis. We like it but we don't absolutely love it yet. There could even be the nickname "Jack" or "John." What do you think?

I personally think Jackson Davis would be nicer as I'm not really a fan Johnson as a first name.

I think Johnson would be fine as a first name. I like the nickname options.

I like Davis as a first name, though my opinion may be colored by the awesome Davis I happen to know. Have you considered using Davis in the first spot?

Either way I would just make sure that your surname is obviously surnamey. Like if it is Morgan or Ashley or Anderson your child might be called Morgan Johnson or Ashley Davis by mistake.
    Margot - Eleanor (Lena) - Leonie - Rosalie - Camille/a - Margery - Isla - Lila
    Clark - Gabriel - Simon - Graham - Locke/Lachlan - Shepherd - Arthur

Guilty Pleasures:
    Vesper - Zephyr - Andromeda - Bellatrix - Lúthien

I think Davis works better as a first name. Also, Johnson is a slang term for a man's.. errr.. you know. That is really something to consider, it would be really hard to have a name that refers to the nether regions!

Quote Originally Posted by whimsy21 View Post
    I think Davis works better as a first name. Also, Johnson is a slang term for a man's.. errr.. you know. That is really something to consider, it would be really hard to have a name that refers to the nether regions!
    This is the first thing I thought of when I heard Johnson as a boy's name too. I wouldn't use it in the first name spot. Davis, I like. What about Davis John?