Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Do they have 'Natural birthing rooms' in America?

I'm not pregnant and have not had a child, but I've recently been watching the 'One Born Every Minute' shows, I live in the US and was wondering if they had birthing rooms here like the comfortable ones in this show? With things such as Birthing Swings? I have only ever seen women shown in traditional hospital beds on TV and things over here, and think the way a lot of women seem to do on 'One Born Every Minute' looks a lot nicer!

Maybe a silly question but I wasn't sure where to ask!

What do the rooms in the show look like? I've never seen the show.
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey

normal hospitals no - you'd probably have to go to a specialized place and pay a lot of money

It depends on where you live and how "granola" your town is. I live in a hippie, crunchy kind of town and our hospital has a full birthing center with tubs, swings, balls, etc. and they encourage natural birth and adamantly push breastfeeding. But if you live somewhere like Southern Florida where c-sections are scheduled like hair appointments, it would be very hard to find. I just recently watched the English version of the show and was so aggravated with the maternity care system in America... it seems like every woman has a natural birth with gas and is able to labor however she likes. I do think they are a little too pushy about not needing epidurals/pain meds, not every woman can take natural childbirth and shouldn't be treated like she's weak or a wussy for wanting something for the pain.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

I'm not sure exactly since I haven't seen the show. But with my son I was able to labor in a jetted tub and on a exercise ball for awhile before he was born. My daughter came too quickly so I just got into bed and didn't get out again until she was born. The hospital where I gave birth had very nice homey birthing rooms not some sterile type thing and I know of a birthing center that isn't too far away from me. I also didn't have an epidural nor did I feel any pressure to have one. I did use a midwife so that may have been part of the reason I didn't feel pressured.
    Mother to: Patrick Werner (3/10) and Mary Claire (06/12)