Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Thanks so much, everyone! When I first considered the name Beatrice, I wasn't particularly concerned about the alliteration, but the more I said it to myself, the more I started to question it. It's really nice to get a fresh perspective.

I agree it works fine. Lucky you! My husband's B surname that the kids will probably take has too much other overlap with Beatrice/Beatrix, but I plan to possibly use one as a middle. Of course my B surname is alliteration that works with them, so, hmm : D.

I LOVE Elsa and Beatrice and the alliteration works. I would sty away from names ending in n as they sound 'off' with your surname.
    guinea piggie mama to Hetty+Olga+Enid+Winnie

Quote Originally Posted by mischa View Post
    Beatrice Beatty would be too much. Beatrice Boman is fine because they have different sounds and syllables. I'm not usually a fan of alliteration but this is pretty. Although I like the names themselves, I actually don't think Imogen Boman or Jocelyn Boman are ideal as they both share an "n" ending with your surname. Elsa Boman would be pretty too but I still think Beatrice Boman is a winner!
    I'll just save myself the time and quote this!
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan

Quote Originally Posted by noora View Post
    I think alliteration needs to be judged on a case by case basis and is definitely not a deal breaker. Sometimes it doesnt work, but other times it flows wells and gives a name a special charm. Beatrice Boman sounds lovely to me.
    Agreed. I tend to love (most) alliteration.
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey