Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

My mother likes Leopold? (need advice)

Sorry for the long backstory in advance!

My mother has always been unafraid to voice her opinions on names I am pondering, or to offer "suggestions," and literally most anything I come up with, she's not a fan. I had dinner with her a few days ago, and we were chatting about the Royal Baby's name. I brought up the name Leopold as one that would have been neat to hear on the new prince, and she immediately says, "Leopold, that's a cool name." I was flabbergasted.

For a long while now my favorite boy name has been Leo, although Leopold I have a soft spot for. I'm a little bit conflicted because I feel as if I have settled in with Leo already, yet the idea of using Leopold is tempting. Tempting as a more unusual name / name that actually has grandparent approval. OTOH, I'm not sure how much my mother's opinion should matter, as our relationship is rocky at times; it's not like we're the best friend sort of mom and daughter.

Furthermore, the middle name I'd planned on using with Leo is Kendrick, which semi-honors my grandfather Kenneth, but without using his exact name. It's the only family name I'd ever use because no other relative I'd want to honor. But - Leopold doesn't seem to flow as well with Kendrick as Leo does. Or does it?

Basically, I'm looking for some advice, what would you do in my situation?

Leo Kendrick
    Leopold Kendrick
    Leopold + new MN other than Kendrick?
    moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them

I actually think Leopold Kendrick sounds better than Leo Kendrick. I like the flow a lot better. I think it's great that your mom like Leopold and even though her opinion shouldn't really matter, it's nice to have a name she likes that you also like and has Leo for you in there, and you could still keep Kendrick as I think the flow is great. ^_^
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

Agree. I think Leopold Kendrick sounds dashing!
    Considering...
    Cordelia Eilonwy Snow ● Evadne Undomiel Snow ● Isabeau Jane Sophronia ● Lorelei Nimue Ondine
    Pandora Vivienne Swan ● Thisbe Octavia Wildrose ● Thora Ilythia Swan

●●● ●●● ●●●
    Caspian Ithuriel Wilder ● Damian Rainer Sparrow ● Evander Ithuriel Sol
    Gwydion Alaric Hart ● Malachi Tristan Bjorn ● Phineas Robin Blaise ● Theodore Peregrine Llyr

our furbabies: Sebastian & Oleander

I adore Leopold Kendrick. What a dashing, aristocratic name!

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Mariner | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

Personally I think Leopold Kendrick has a better flow than Leo Kendrick. Leopold Kendrick is a very handsome name. Having said that, I don't think your Moms opinion ahould sway your name choices to heavily.
    The 3 Princesses in my life...

Elizabeth Hope
    Annabelle Cadence
    Madeleine Pearl