Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question Baby boy is here - still stuck on names!

We've always taken a little extra time after the birth of our kids to make sure the names chosen were really and truly the right ones, but for some reason this one has been extra challenging - maybe because we incorrectly thought he was a girl and had that name buttoned down. Oops! (Delighted to have a boy, though.)

Last/surname is Allen and siblings are Joshua Michael and Abigail Ann (both middle names are family names)

Here are some possibilities:

Philip Raleigh (again, Raleigh is a family name)
    Caleb Briggs (same with Briggs - my dad went by this, though it was his MN, as he was a Jr.)
    Aaron Briggs, Aaron Woodrow
    Ian Briggs (husband especially likes, but is Ian Allen too much like "Ethan Allen?")

Also open to other possibilities and combinations. Thank you, Berries!

Congrats on your little boy! You have some awesome name choices. I really love Philip Raleigh I think it's classic but quirky and just a very solid nice name. I also adore Ian Briggs and I know meeting an Ian Allen would not make me think of Ethan Allen but if that is your go to association it may really come to bother you. I think Philip Raleigh Allen is a great name but Raleigh does blend in a bit with Allen so the flow of Ian Briggs Allen may be better overall. Good luck!
    23 year old name lover with a passion for art history married for three years to my much better half
    talking with said partner about trying to conceive our first late this year

I love the idea of Philip Raleigh!
    moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them

Philip Raleigh- I think this is a great name. Philip Allen sounds great. I would prefer Philip Briggs Allen, only because each name in your current combo has 2 syllables... it doesn't flow so well. I love that Philip is traditional and well known, but rarely used in this generation. Raleigh is a nice, modern mn to compliment it. This is my #1.
    Caleb Briggs- I do like the idea of using a family name for your son, although Caleb is quite common. It just depends whether or not that bothers you. This is my #2.
    Aaron Briggs, Aaron Woodrow- Aaron Allen is too much A-n, A-n. Plus, Aaron and Abigail is too much.
    Ian Briggs- Again, don't like Ian Allen... too much -n -n
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

My favorite is Ian Briggs and my second choice would be Phillip Briggs.
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.