Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: June for a boy

June for a boy

I love the name June. Recently I like it for a boy, I think it is a much nicer sound than Jude and I think it would be quite a handsome name.

I considered the spelling Dune but I think I like June better.

I'm having a hard time finding a name for a boy that I'm really excited about.

Thoughts?

I actually really like the idea. However, I'm not sure whether it's a great idea to actually use it as a first name. All of the confusion that girls named Tyson or James deal with would probably be multiplied tenfold for a boy named June, and I doubt he'd like his name. That said, I think it makes a great middle. I think Junot, Juneau, Juno, or Junius (the first three are pronounced the same) are great options to consider- same sound, but a little bit more masculine. Junot has the added association of author Junot Diaz.

I love the idea. It reminds me of "Jun" in other languages.
    moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them

I think June is too much of a girl's name and he would be teased a lot. I think doing Juno or another similar name might work better for him. You could even name him Juno but call him June as a nickname leaving him the full name to use in school.
    Mother to: Patrick Werner (3/10) , Mary Claire (06/12) and Margaret Rose (05/15)

imo it doesn't sound masculine at all. Sorry.