Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Little Brother for June

Hey all! Hoping you can give us some inspiration. We are just a few weeks away from having a little boy and still haven't totally fell in love with a name. His big sister's name is June. Our last name is 3 syllables and starts with a hard C, so names that end with a C or K sound like a mouthful. We'd love to find something that fits well with her name. We think of her name as classic, but I think it would also fit with something spunky or a name from nature. Our frontrunner is Henry mostly because it's one we agree on. Our only hesitation is the popularity. We're trying to beat it with something a little more unique, but not way "out there". Some names that I really like that hubby is not quite on board with are:

Desmond (nn Des)
    Phineas (nn Finn)
    Edmund (nn Eddie)
    River (nn Riv)

Hubby is definitely more in the classic boy name camp. The popularity doesn't bother him as much. Any inspiration you could give us would be so appreciated. Thank you!

Seems like August is becoming popular with a lot of people on this forum, and it would certainly go with the name June. Otherwise, I like Edmund from your list, and I feel it's the most classic out of those to appease your husband. Edgar could be a similar option he might prefer?

I think it would be hokey to name him August in your case! Two month names seems goofy.

A name which is like Henry, but less popular is Harris.

When I saw the title of this thread, before I even looked in it, I though June and Henry (Harry) would be the perfect sibset! I have personally never met a little Henry (I'm in the North East US) and it sounds wonderful with June. I tend to go for what sounds good and what I like over popularity. I think if a name just sounds right and feels right then go with it, popular or not. Maybe you could balance out Henry with a unique middle name and if he doesn't like Henry he can go by that.

Here are some other suggestions that are less popular then Henry:
    Archer
    Simon
    Holden
    Miles (Milo)
    Theodore
    Violet Gray
    Sad name-obsessed teenager and aspiring writer

Current Name Crushes: August, Avery, & Flynn: Eliza, Georgiana & Dahlia

June and Milo